PDA

View Full Version : 30/60 hand. 6-8s on Button..

vector2
11-28-2004, 01:48 AM
In a pretty typical 30/60 game. I had been running really, really well so I figured I could use my current image to pick up the blinds. I have 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif8/images/graemlins/heart.gif on the button. I raise. Unknown player in SB three-bets (he might've picked up on the fact that I was trying to steal). BB, who is a rock, caps. [censored]. I know I shouldn't call but hey - I'd be lying if I said I didn't like seeing flops.

Flop:
7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif

All right, flop could be better, it could be worse. SB leads out, BB raises (AA or KK obviously), I call, SB caps, BB and I call.

Turn:
9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Great, my money card. At this point I'm not sure if the SB has a 7 or has a big overpair but I'm 90%+ sure I'm ahead regardless. SB bets, BB three-bets, I cap, SB calls, BB calls.

River:
5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB checks.

Ian J
11-28-2004, 02:50 AM
/images/graemlins/confused.gif I am so confused about your post. On the flop, it says that the SB bets, BB raises, you call, then the SB caps. How is this possible? Then on the turn the SB bets and the BB immediately 3 bets and you cap? Huh? Then on the river, all you told us was that the SB checked.... so?

Anyhow, as for the hand. The preflop call is marginal. You have a disguised hand and position and you know what you're up against, so I guess it's not too bad. The flop looks fine whatever the heck you did. The turn and river play themselves. I don't see any reason you'd be worried here about anything but the SB having 99.

vector2
11-28-2004, 02:58 AM
Woops, sorry about that. For the flop: SB bets, BB raises, I cold-call two bets, SB three-bets, BB and I call.

I'm just wondering how often should I be betting the river against an unknown, possibly tricky player. I instinctively get scared in a lot of murky river situations where I should be value betting but I get scared into checking.