PDA

View Full Version : KJs, Top pair + flush draw

cockandbull
11-27-2004, 11:22 PM
BB is a good player, (20/5) while mp2 is loose and doesnt raise. Who likes the flop and turn play. The river seems like a standard call, what hands would bb play me off with.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB folds, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (12 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls.

River: (15 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 17 BB

Shillx
11-27-2004, 11:34 PM
Looks standard.

I might just call the flop 3-bet and raise the turn no matter what card slides off. Best case, you are freerolling the BB (unless he has KQ).

He might just have a heart draw (MP2 probably has a draw that you would love to get 2BB out of on the turn), and I would love to get 2 big bets out of him since I have top pair to go with it.

I'm torn on the river, but I would probably raise as the only hand I fear is KQ.

Shill

Nick C
11-27-2004, 11:48 PM
It looks good to me. Top pair plus 2nd nut flush draw is a very good hand, so I cap the flop too, especially with three other players still in.

I'd be inclined to raise most players on the river. But since BB is tight preflop, I am a little worried about KQ or even AK (since he's also a little passive preflop and might not 3-bet with this hand). He showed a lot of strength on the flop, and maybe when you capped he started to fear AA (or AK) and thus slowed down on the turn.

I'm not sure what the best river action is, but against this opponent, I'd probably just call.