PDA

View Full Version : AKs - call the flop?

cockandbull
11-27-2004, 11:06 PM
MP1 has seen half on the flops in the previous two orbits and raised once, while utg+2 has is tight passive (15.49/4.23) from about 7 orbits.

As UTG seems ok, i dont think i can raise the fop, but am getting odds to call, just for a J. Once the turn card gives a /images/graemlins/heart.gif, i have odds to call. Does anyone play this any different. Raise the flop?

thanks in advance, harry

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, BB folds.

River: (9.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero folds, UTG+2 folds.

Final Pot: 10.25 BB

Nick C
11-27-2004, 11:32 PM
I would probably raise the flop. I'm thinking UTG+2 probably has something like KQ or QJs and I'm behind, but I do have a gutshot and a backdoor flush, and my overcards may have some value. If the raise gets someone to fold a hand like A5, that picks up some outs for me (so long as UTG+2 doesn't already have my ace outs crushed with something like AQ or TT). The raise might get me a free look at the river. It might also get me 3-bet on the flop, but I think I'll take that chance, especially since you say UTG+2 is passive.

I play the turn and river the same way you did.