PDA

View Full Version : 88 in BB

erfinator
11-27-2004, 08:02 PM
PokerStars 50+5. Blinds are 50-100. I have 2000 in chips and was just moved to a new table. Guy in MP with 3,500 makes it 300 to go. 2 players in late position call. I call. Flop is 5,8,9 with two spades. I check, MP bets 550, other two players fold. I move all-in. Comments?

The way I saw it, if he had an overpair he would certainly have bet more since that board had so many draws on it. There was the possibility that he had something like K,Q of spades, but even then we were a coinflip.

willperkins
11-27-2004, 08:22 PM
I don't know that I would have called with that many people in the pot preflop. I'm not saying I am right, in fact I would love to hear what others have to say so that I can become a better player.

However, once I hit my set, I would not go for the check/raise, I would have been afraid everyone would have checked around to a very dangerous board.

Given the amount of chips I have left and the amount in the pot, I would have pushed on the flop and tried to win in right there.

mojorisin24
11-27-2004, 08:29 PM
I like the play. By moving all-in you put him on decision for a significant percentage of his chips, thereby virtually forcing him to fold if he's on the flush draw. In that situation, you'd probably actually hope he had an overpair, as he might call the all-in and most likely take a severe hit. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

bobman0330
11-27-2004, 09:26 PM
I don't like the preflop call. You're putting 15% of your stack in there with a hand that's going to be almost impossible to play if you don't hit your set.

On the flop, I'd say it's table dependent. There are a lot of draws, but there's also a lot of money in the pot, which will encourage people to take a stab at the pot. But you'll be sad if it's checked around.