PDA

View Full Version : live play. where to sit with no reads

gamblore99
11-27-2004, 06:38 PM
i always try to sit opposite the dealer so i can see everyone and get reads, but I keep reading posts by players like andyfox and tommy angelo in which they like to sit to the dealers right or left and cant really see most of the table.
thoughts?

bonanz
11-27-2004, 06:42 PM
i like to sit in the 2,3 or 8,9 seats. you kinda hang back and nobody can look at you without you noticing. it doesn't make that much of a difference, just sit where you are comfortable

bernie
11-27-2004, 06:53 PM
If you have a choice:

Sit to the left of the most money on the table. The chips have to go through you first to get to the others. You have first crack at em.

Then, once you start getting some reads, you might look for a seat change depending on opponents skill along with money in front of them as a factor.

b

PuppyKicker
11-28-2004, 12:26 AM
First, if you are a regular male, sit next to the hottest woman at the table.

If there are no hot women at your table, then sit nearest the waitress avenue to you can order alcohol most efficiently.

If you are a woman, and hot, then you want to be sitting next to Puppykiller. You can tell who he is at a table because he usually has a bit of fur on his lapel and wears a large nametag that says "I /images/graemlins/heart.gif Dead Puppies".

If you are a woman, and you are not hot, sit as far away from Puppykiller as possible. Please refer above for identification instructions.

If you are a gay man, sit to Puppykiller's immediate right, so he can raise you at will, as he has noticed that gay men simply cannot play good poker against a man who murders adorable little puppies. If that seat is not available, please see below under "If you are a tranny".

If you are a transsexual or transvestite, please sit at Puppykiller's table next to the most obviously homophobic male at the table (look for athletic apparel, WWE shirts, NASCAR gear, that sort of thing). Touch that player's knee often, particularly after laying a bad beat on him, and coo "Oh, I'm so sorry, sugar ..."