PDA

View Full Version : "I Like Dutch Boyd"??? Rakefree poll....

ricdaman
11-27-2004, 05:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Pokerspot went defunct people lost tons of $$$ and are understandably angry. Wasnt clear if Boyd was to blame or benefitted from it.(i know he doesnt live a posh lifestyle at the moment)

I talked to him online several times about rakefree and he was very nice and down to earth...thats all i can say.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red">Ok, let's take an honest poll. Please do not respond if you are unaware of who Dutch Boyd is, or what happened with his previous online poker site venture.</font>

Sponger15SB
11-27-2004, 07:00 PM
If I were to play on rakefree it would have absolutely nothing to do with what I think of Dutch Boyd.

stinkypete
11-27-2004, 07:10 PM
your options suck. i probably won't play there, because i doubt it'll ever be big enough and have the games i want to play. it's not because i wouldn't trust a site run by dutch boyd. if the games there were comparable to those at party but with no rake, i'd play there in a second.

p.s. i voted anyway because i wanted to see the results. if you don't want everyone to vote, don't make voting a requirement to see the results.

ricdaman
11-27-2004, 08:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
your options suck. i probably won't play there, because i doubt it'll ever be big enough and have the games i want to play. it's not because i wouldn't trust a site run by dutch boyd.

[/ QUOTE ]

The question is intended to see how one's decision to play or not play on the site is affected by Dutch's previous online poker site venture. Perhaps I should have refrased the question to something like, "Would Dutch's previous venture keep you from playing on rakefree.com?"

I'd appreciate any responses as to how his previous venture affects your thoughts on rakefree.com. Do you believe him (his reasons for losing the money)? Does it matter?

I think Dutch's thoughts were to charge people a monthly fee to play without a rake. Obviously pokertraker could tell in a second if the monthly fee would be worth it or not. Unfortuantely I think only those who play a lot of poker would play on the site, and this would generally involve all the full-time players who are probably pretty good. How do you get fish into a monthly-fee setup like that? I don't think a monthly-fee site will work, but we'll see.

Personally, I would only play on the site after it had been around for a few years, and it's customer support was top notch. Customer Support was the first tell that problems were at hand on his first site.

stinkypete
11-27-2004, 08:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps I should have refrased the question to something like, "Would Dutch's previous venture keep you from playing on rakefree.com?"

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, that would be a better way to word the question if that's what you're after.

Freudian
11-27-2004, 11:25 PM
If the poker is good and rake is lower, of course I would play there. It seems pretty hard to build a playerbase these days though. Fulltilt and zerorake failed.

ZBTHorton
11-28-2004, 02:28 AM
FullTilt failed? Hardly. They are slowly building a customer base.

The T.A.
12-01-2004, 04:10 AM
I wouldn't trust Boyd, or anybody in "The Crew."

Michael Davis
12-01-2004, 06:13 AM
Look, there are tons of options as to where to play. The only way I'd ever move to a site run by a guy who STOLE money from players in the past would be if it cornered marketshare and had good games. But I would recognize that every dollar I win would be cut a bit by the fact that my money could be confiscated at any time.

-Michael