PDA

View Full Version : Ax >9

eulogy
11-27-2004, 05:06 PM
I'm sure there's a thread about this somewhere...but the search engine here is weak.

I'll usually play Ax <9 if it's suited from late position.
But i see alot of pots won at the micro level with Ax >9,even unsuited. From my 30k hands i know this hand is a loser...mostly from the blinds. Should i play it more from the button or 1 off the button?

Any link to a thread would be appreciated

Bodhi
11-27-2004, 06:38 PM
No. A9o is still very marginal from the button, but I occasionally play it if there are a lot of callers in front. Otherwise, I fold it automatically. Anything less that's offsuit should be folded, even from late position.

Nick Royale
11-27-2004, 07:04 PM
I never play A9o, if not from blind or trying a stealraise. It's crappy hand! I don't care how multiway the pot might be, A9o is a crappy multiway hand! With 3 callers or more I play Axs from late position.

Hack
11-27-2004, 10:02 PM
Agree with Nick here. The suited Ax is much better than the offsuit, and if you pair your 9 it is likely middle pair on the flop. and then you could well be in trouble. Much better to have Ax suited than A9o in my opinion.

I will play KTo though from the button with 1 or 2 callers in front and I'm not sure that is any better.

Nick Royale
11-27-2004, 10:11 PM
That's better, but still an autofold for me. Many play it from the button if it's unraised, but it's really a mariginal hand. I draw the line with limping ATo from late position and even that is close to a fold to me (earlier ATo was an autofold for me also) I don't think those slim decisions have a great effect on the average winning, but still I prefer folding really mariginal hands.

Yobz
11-27-2004, 10:16 PM
I play it only from CO or Button for a steal attempt or if *everyone* in the game is in so far. It doesnt play well multiway, but you can hit 2-pair with it, just be wary of being outkicked.
I also sometimes complete it from the SB if there are a bunch of ppl on the pot already

Hack
11-27-2004, 10:16 PM
True. It doesn't really make much of a difference over a poker playing career if people play KTo or don't from LP. I will Raise KT suited from the button with 1 or 2 callers in front though, because KTs is much better than KTo.

eulogy
11-27-2004, 10:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No. A9o is still very marginal from the button, but I occasionally play it if there are a lot of callers in front. Otherwise, I fold it automatically. Anything less that's offsuit should be folded, even from late position.

[/ QUOTE ]

thx for the reply.I knew it was probably getting too loose. I'll spare myself the misery of being outkicked.

Nick Royale
11-27-2004, 10:24 PM
I don't think the 2-pair possibility makes it worth a call. It has no straight or flush value which makes it lousy multiway. The highcard value isn't great either and you can flop 2-pair with K8o to, but I guess you'll never play that hand in the same situation.

Hack
11-27-2004, 10:44 PM
All good points. I complete A9 from the SB however. Do you?

On edit:

A9o I am talking about. I'll usually limp with A9s in any position.

Nick Royale
11-27-2004, 10:45 PM
Jepp, every time!