PDA

View Full Version : How often do you check or bet this turn.

Trix
11-27-2004, 04:18 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (10.40 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

Turn: (6.70 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP checks, Hero...

If you check, do you then call an uncalled bet from either player on the river unimproved ?

naphand
11-27-2004, 04:33 PM
I think it depends a lot on what your image is, or how you have been playing recently. If you have been running strong and playing well, then bet. If your opponents are picking you off and just not folding as much against you, then taking the free card is fine. To call a bet from one of the players on the River would depend on the card and the player.

Grisgra
11-27-2004, 06:09 PM
I'm uncomfortable with the situation, but I almost always bet here. Anytime the decision is close, I bet /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

joker122
11-27-2004, 06:32 PM
against 2 opponents, i bet here very rarely. this is a perfect example of "checking with outs." these guys call down so much i don't see much chance of taking down the pot here with a bet.