PDA

View Full Version : Should I have called two all-in bets with pocket kings?

cmk
11-27-2004, 02:40 PM
I've made it to the final table at the Friday tournament at the Belligio. Nine players still at the table, I have about average chip stack when short stack makes an all-in bet under the gun followed by another all-in bet. I am sitting 2 away from the botton with pocket kings and If I were to call and lose, I would only have about $5,000 dollars left which would cripple my play since the big blind was $1,200 and small blind being $800 with $100 ante. My first instint was to mock but I thought If I were to win, I would become the chip leader and great shot at winning the whole tournament so I decided to call. Person under the gun had K-J off and the other person having pocket Q-Q's. On the flop came A-K-X rainbow, I thought I could not loose at this point, turn came "J" river "T" for a straight for pocket Q-Q's guy. I feel I probably shoud have mocked my pocket K-K's pre-flop because two were already all-in. What do you think?

betgo
11-27-2004, 03:00 PM
When a short stack opens allin and someone goes allin on top of him, I would not put either player on AA. In fact, it is unlikely either player would play AA this way. Therefore, this is an easy call. Worrying about what happens if you lose the hand is weak/tight thinking. You have not provided the size of the stacks and the blinds, but it doesn't matter. Easy call.

There may be situations to fold KK with two players allin in front of you with deeper money, but this isn't one of them.

tiger7210
11-27-2004, 03:13 PM
This is an easy call here with the short stack prbably pushing with anything and the caller could have any pair trying to isolate even AK(unlikely since u hold KK's)

Just unfortunate he got lucky but you made the right play calling here.

TStoneMBD
11-27-2004, 03:23 PM
when youre in a tournament, always play to win. this situation is too fantastic for you to pass up. folding here could easily make the difference between first place money and 10th place money.

DrHoldem
11-27-2004, 09:20 PM
Rookie play, when at the final table the game is as much about surviving as winning. If there are two all in in front let them at each other regardless of count as it automatically moves your position up one. From your discription your chip count was 5,000 higher than the second bettor which at the final table is nothing. If you had gone all in after the flop with a set of K, great play, going early is a rookie move and probably cost you money. The only time to make your move pre-flop is when you are the first to raise, but to chase is pure risk and you probably did not recover. What position did you ultimately go out?

adanthar
11-27-2004, 09:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Rookie play, when at the final table the game is as much about surviving as winning. If there are two all in in front let them at each other regardless of count as it automatically moves your position up one. From your discription your chip count was 5,000 higher than the second bettor which at the final table is nothing. If you had gone all in after the flop with a set of K, great play, going early is a rookie move and probably cost you money. The only time to make your move pre-flop is when you are the first to raise, but to chase is pure risk and you probably did not recover. What position did you ultimately go out?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the worst advice I've ever read in this forum.

JustSomeJackass
11-27-2004, 10:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is the worst advice I've ever read in this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

damn, you beat me to it.

JSJ

Matt24
11-27-2004, 10:30 PM
This is a very easy call. Very easy.