PDA

View Full Version : ATo in BB

Fiddler
11-27-2004, 01:31 PM
I finally cleared the Absolute bonus so I can leave that place for greener pastures... and graphics that don't give me a headache. Last Absolute hand:

I think button is very loose pre-flop and plays more than half his hands but I don't have many hands with him and I have no read on him post-flop. I have some on SB though, he has a VP$IP of 19% and a PFR of 8.3%. He is also slightly tricky, at least compared to the others at Absolute 1/2. He often tries to pick up the pot from the BB or SB when the pot is unraised and there is one or two limpers. I think he reads me as tight and a bit more aggressive than the others and he might have noticed that I usally don't wait for the turn to raise if I have something.

Absolute Poker 1/2 Hold'em (4 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

I saw the post on raising ATo and AJo from BB and I usally don't raise ATo when there is more than one opponent. At least for now.

Flop: (3 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

The idea was to fold the button and pick up a flush/straight draw or an ace in which case I'd bet the turn if he checked.

EDIT: There was also a good chance that at least SB would fold for the raise.

Turn: (4.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Didn't work and I would have folded for a bet.

River: (4.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls.

I can suck out too.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

So how about the flop raise? Bad idea?

naphand
11-27-2004, 04:42 PM
Flop raise looks bad. You have one overcard, a backdoor flush and almost no chance of folding out your opponents.

This is a great spot to 3-bet pre-flop. You have the best hand for sure. Two LP players limping in, RAISE your big A.

Fiddler
11-27-2004, 06:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

This is a great spot to 3-bet pre-flop. You have the best hand for sure. Two LP players limping in, RAISE your big A.

[/ QUOTE ]

Will do.