PDA

View Full Version : KJ early in Tourney- Question

critters
11-27-2004, 12:17 PM
Looking for comments/approach on the following hand:

Early in PS $215 NL tourney- BB(20)- You have around $2500

UTG-1 with KhJh - You raise 40, Button calls- He has u slightly covered, Everyone else folds. Flop K63r, no Hearts

Neither of you have a read on the other. Your move.

Sam T.
11-27-2004, 12:45 PM
Out of curiosity, what are you trying to do with the min-raise? If I'm playing KJs, I want to do it with two-pair or better, and you want lots of customers when you hit.

For a guess, you bet the pot, and he came over the top. In that case, fold. Waaay to early to risk your stack on top pair, jack kicker.

TStoneMBD
11-27-2004, 03:25 PM
minraising is a bad play. you should either limp here or make it 3xbbs. bet the flop. if you are raised then you can make a slight reraise here since you have plenty of chips if you think the button is aggressive enough to make this move with a weaker hand. if the blinds were any higher at this point i would fold. kj is probably one of the biggest tourney losers on the planet.

tiger7210
11-27-2004, 03:40 PM
I think you should have folded it preflop since KJs is really just a drawing hand. Since you are already in the hand a bet of about 2/3 the pot should be about right to get an idea of where you are at. I think you're biggest concern here is maybe KQ as AK would have probably reraised you preflop. You may have also been called by a small pair preflop so if he calls behind you I would proceed with caution.