PDA

View Full Version : Should I Report This To Party?

IggyWH
11-27-2004, 04:30 AM
I was playing in a 7+1 sub-qualifier today on Party. There were 3 of us left where top 2 got tickets to super qualifier. The other 2 guys were plotting against me in the chat talking how they wouldn't go head to head against each other and just try to knock me out. They also announced their cards a couple times with people still to act in the hand.

Since it all went so fast and I didn't save the chat, I don't know if they ever shared cards with each other before each had acted. I remember 1 time I was in BB. The first guy goes all in and the second guy announces he has J3 and then folds. Although this helped me because I had J6 so I knew not to call (not that I was planning on it but taking one of my outs away made it even easier to fold), it was still doing something you're not supposed to do.

Personally I really don't care that I lost. I got $6 of my $8 entry back. I just want to know if this is something I should report to Party? What really would they do if I even reported it though?

Lucien Jacky
11-27-2004, 04:40 AM
You should definatly report this it is colusion pure and simple. I think the chat is saved within the hand history files.

pointcount
11-27-2004, 04:41 AM
Party saves the chat history themselves so you have no problems with this.. Id definately report this, that's just utter b***s**** Noones going to think any worse of you trust me!

MicroBob
11-27-2004, 04:44 AM
Yeah. Report these clowns.

Not only should party do something to make sure these idiots understand that this unacceptable behavior...you might also get something out of it as well.

Tell party that the whole experience really ruined your enjoyment of the tournament and you also believe that their colluding on specific hands and revealing their hole-cards to each other cost you a possible shot at winning.

Party might offer you an extra refund or even a $100 bonus or something if you go about it the right way.

You really should have reported these guys DURING the tournament.

If you still have the tourney number or some of the hands where you felt you were at a disadvantage that would be helpful to party as well.

You should send it to info@party and alerts@party imo.

good luck.

IggyWH
11-27-2004, 04:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you also believe that their colluding on specific hands and revealing their hole-cards to each other cost you a possible shot at winning.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm usually one that can't keep his mouth shut when I think I'm being screwed. I'm not a table jockey by any means, but I'll say something if it deserves to be said. I'm happy that I didn't say anything to them while it was going on though. I figure if I report them, I don't want Party looking at my chat log and see I was being an a$$hole.

Let me make something completely clear though... I do not remember a hand where they revealed hole cards to each other before both acted. If they would have done that, I would have $hit a brick and sent an email to any Party address I could find. I have to look through my hand histories to find out for sure. The only time I really remember hole cards being talked about was when the first guy goes all-in (which would put me all-in if I called), the second guy said he had J3 because he wanted to put me all-in but then folded because the first guy was already in, and I was last to act in the hand. So him being stupid and telling his hand actually helped me in that situation.

I really don't expect Party to give me anything for it but I'd hate to have these guys screw someone who actually cares in the future. Me losing $2 or $3 doesn't bother me, but I know it could really piss some people off.

I'll do like you said though and make some sob email to Party on how it ruined my experience on Party and all that good stuff.

Thanks for the advice,
Iggy!

MicroBob
11-27-2004, 05:43 AM
the biggest point is that they appeared to have made an agreement to not tangle with each other and to combine their efforts to try to knock you out.

this is clearly collusion

Adde
11-27-2004, 10:43 AM
No need to have them telling their hands to each other in chat, I think it will make a perfect case just that they openly talked about teaming to knock you out.

No doubt at all, report them! And come back and tell the result.

Adde

josie_wales
11-27-2004, 10:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah. Report these clowns.

Not only should party do something to make sure these idiots understand that this unacceptable behavior...you might also get something out of it as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know if I d count n that.

This sort of thing happend to me at THE GAMING CLUB.

Someone announced...in the chat...that they were going to abuse their all-in protect.

They proceeded to abuse it, and went on to win.

It was another fella and myself that got 2nd and third.

The Gaming Club did NOTHING for us 2nd and 3rd place finishers.

So, hopefuly you will get a different result.

jw

IggyWH
12-02-2004, 04:41 PM
Well, I got a response from Party today :

Dear Matthew,

Thank You for contacting PartyPoker.com.

This mail is to bring to your kind notice that we have completed our investigation in regards to players '****' and '%%%%' and we thank you for getting this to our notice.

We do see that the conversation between these players was indeed inappropriate. Hence we have conducted an extensive investigation on both the accounts to check for any possible team play between them.

We have looked into all the necessary aspects of their history on our card room and we would like to share with you these important facts that helped us get to a conclusion:

1 - Both these players are coming from different sates in USA.

2 - This is the only tournament where they shared tables, in their entire association with this card room.

3 - we have gone through all the game records of this tournament and confirm that there is no sign of collusion involved. Also note that we have focused not only on the hands in which the player has been included, but also all the hands in which they have been together by themselves.

However we do agree that the table conversation that transpired between these players is unfortunate to say the least. As a result of this report and consequent investigation, we have now

a) Blocked the chatting facilities of the player '%%%%'.

b) Issued warnings to both players, informing them about sterner actions in case such activities are repeated.

c) Flagged these accounts to continuously monitor their activities.

Matthew, we once again thank you for getting this to our notice, as this is in keeping with our priority of keeping up the integrity of this card room. It indeed is heartening to have players like you in this card room who care about the integrity of our games.

If you have any further questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at alerts@PartyPoker.com and we will be more than glad to assist you.

Best regards,

Deependra Kumar
Investigations Team
PartyPoker.com

GrannyMae
12-02-2004, 04:47 PM
considering the exhaustive search that showed no prior history with each other, i think this is fair. usually i don't think sites go far enough, but in this case it seems ok.

just curious, how do YOU feel about this iggy?

gabyyyyy
12-02-2004, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, that is concrete evidence they are not colluding. What's next, "we see players are in the same state but in different counties"? Have they ever heard of instant messanger?

[ QUOTE ]
However we do agree that the table conversation that transpired between these players is unfortunate to say the least. As a result of this report and consequent investigation, we have now

a) Blocked the chatting facilities of the player '%%%%'.

b) Issued warnings to both players, informing them about sterner actions in case such activities are repeated.

c) Flagged these accounts to continuously monitor their activities.

[/ QUOTE ]

So basicly you get nothing.

LOL! Sorry but welcome to party poker.

moondogg
12-02-2004, 04:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, that is concrete evidence they are not colluding. What's next, "we see players are in the same state but in different counties"? Have they ever heard of instant messanger?

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you happen to notice that there was more than point listed?

IggyWH
12-02-2004, 05:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
considering the exhaustive search that showed no prior history with each other, i think this is fair. usually i don't think sites go far enough, but in this case it seems ok.

just curious, how do YOU feel about this iggy?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't have minded if they gave me a free ticket to another qualifier (it was only 7+1) but I didn't really expect them to give me anything anyways. All in all I really didn't care that much since 3rd got me $5 of my entry money back. I'm a big Karma person... I know they'll get theirs in due time.

GrannyMae
12-02-2004, 05:04 PM
granted the goal was for the refund. no need to defend that it was only $6 because that is not the issue. the issue that seems resolved, to me anyway, is that these were just 2 tools that pulled this stunt in that opportunity and were not working together in other situations.

i think that the reply you got at least showed that potty is no longer sending out "tuff doo-doo" type form letters, and are actually reading the specific complaints.

Adde
12-02-2004, 05:07 PM
So basicly you get nothing.

How ever sad, I think (but don't know for sure) they have an outspoken policy to not credit people by default. Not that the money should hurt, but if the word gets out, a burden of bogus complaints might do.

Perhaps you should ask them up front.

Adde

gabyyyyy
12-02-2004, 05:09 PM
Dear Mrs.Granny,

Thank you for contacting us!

We reviewed this information and and your e-mail

3 points from our investigation:

1.) Players were located within the same county but in different townships

2.) Players had the same last name but different first names

3.) Players have two seperate e-mail addresses.

Based on the above information we are confident in saying that no foul play occured.

Thank you for contacting us, and have a great day.

Sincerely,

Sandat (Poker security expert)

lorinda
12-02-2004, 05:36 PM
More of this kind of post please Gabs, far more funny than the hate and still manages to state your point.

Lori

kdog
12-02-2004, 11:47 PM
2 - This is the only tournament where they shared tables, in their entire association with this card room.

3 - we have gone through all the game records of this tournament and confirm that there is no sign of collusion involved. Also note that we have focused not only on the hands in which the player has been included, but also all the hands in which they have been together by themselves

Did you happen to read this part Gabyyyy? It was right in the middle of the paragraphs you commented on. I don't see how you could miss it. But then leaving out facts to post trash has never been a problem for you here has it?