PDA

View Full Version : Turning chips sounds off on Party

wacki
11-27-2004, 04:19 AM
I've been trying to turn the chip sounds off on party and still keep all of the other sounds.

I goto options and then Video and Audio Options and then check/uncheck Chips and Cards ON/OFF but nothing seems to change. Is this supposed to turn off my chip/cards sounds?

MicroBob
11-27-2004, 04:25 AM
chips/cards on/off refers to the video-animation.
if it's off then you don't see the cards move across the screen and you don't see the chips slide into the pot.

jrobb83
11-27-2004, 04:27 AM
No, thats the chips and cards animations. The sounds are all or nothing.

cthomer5000
11-27-2004, 04:43 AM
it seems like putting a silent sound file in place of the chips sound effect would work. all the sound files are right there in the partypoker directory.

cthomer5000
11-27-2004, 04:54 AM
here:

http://www.lovetohate.us/fofc/nochips.zip

download the file off there and unzip it into your partypoker directory. I just made 2 silent .wav files to replace the chip noises.

I'm kind of glad you made me take a look at this to begin with. There is probably the potential for a lot of funny audio mods.

jrobb83
11-27-2004, 06:02 AM
Thanks for the link. The great thing about the Party software is it's pretty easy to customize all the graphics and sound. I know a bunch of people replaced the annoying alert sounds to more appealing ones.

AtlBrvs4Life
11-27-2004, 01:41 PM
Go into the PartyPoker folder and look through all the .wav files. Delete any of the sounds you don't want to hear. It's that easy. If you ever want to get those sounds back, just reinstall Party.

cthomer5000
11-27-2004, 02:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Go into the PartyPoker folder and look through all the .wav files. Delete any of the sounds you don't want to hear. It's that easy. If you ever want to get those sounds back, just reinstall Party.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't try it just because i thought it would be more likely to cause a problem while running. Great to hear it works though.