PDA

View Full Version : Matthew Shepard

Sponger15SB
11-27-2004, 02:36 AM
Anyone catch the 20/20 piece or see anything in the news about how the killers claim they were all messed up on meth and were just looking to rob and kill him in order to get some drugs and the "gay bashing" was just made up in order to make them not seem like violent killers.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/3950858/detail.html

cnfuzzd
11-27-2004, 02:38 AM
gay bashing doesnt equal violent killers???

Seriously, its time for the almighty to just wash this place away in a flood of his divine urince and start over with nothing but jackalopes singing the praises of the Holy...

peace

john nickle

Sponger15SB
11-27-2004, 02:39 AM
Right well from what they are claiming on ABC right now is that it wasn't a gay bashing.

cnfuzzd
11-27-2004, 02:40 AM
this is why i never ever watch any show even resembling 20/20....

peace

john nickle

Sponger15SB
11-27-2004, 02:43 AM
I don't quite follow

Non_Comformist
11-27-2004, 05:00 AM
Saw the special as well a similar pre-story on MSNBC and Fox from what I saw it seemed pretty credible and 20/20 is very confident in their information.

It wouldn't really surpise me if the gay bashing conclusion was jumped to. Hate Crime legislation was a hot topic at the time as well as a few other gay bashing incidents had occured recently.

This is exactly why I am against Hate Crime legislation. Punish the crime not the idea or motivation.

jstnrgrs
11-27-2004, 06:14 AM
It shouldn't matter wether it was gay bashing or not. They brutally beat a man to death. I think their actions speak for themselves.

bernie
11-27-2004, 07:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It shouldn't matter wether it was gay bashing or not. They brutally beat a man to death. I think their actions speak for themselves

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Except that i think if it were classified as a hate crime it's a harsher sentence.

I thought it was funny how they were saying that little white, hick town in wyoming was tolerant of gays. Yeah, right.

It's nice they didn't show the footage of his funeral. (i saw it on the news the day it happened. It was a pretty sick display) That really showed how tolerant the town was. Who're they kidding?

b

BirthdayBoy
11-27-2004, 08:38 AM
Happy Birthday, Non Com.

http://www.villagehatshop.com/media/BIRTHDAY%20CAKE.JPG

Dark Force Rising
11-27-2004, 10:54 AM
That GodHatesFags.com group apparently has a picture of Shepard with devils horns and a count of how many days he has been "burning in hell". I make my fair share of tasteless gay jokes but they are just that-jokes. That GHF organization has to be the sickest bunch of mother effrs I've ever heard of.

Sponger15SB
11-27-2004, 01:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That GodHatesFags.com group apparently has a picture of Shepard with devils horns and a count of how many days he has been "burning in hell". I make my fair share of tasteless gay jokes but they are just that-jokes. That GHF organization has to be the sickest bunch of mother effrs I've ever heard of.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I couldn't think of anything less christian and more [censored] up than celebrating the supposed buring in hell of people.

I just pointed out this whole story because while I think that gays/lesbians need protection from discrimination, the whole story that brought their case national attention never really happened.

And also maybe to tell you guys I watch 20/20 & other news shows, and don't sit around watching spongebob and sucking on lolly pops all day.

Non_Comformist
11-27-2004, 03:19 PM
You were the first one.

Happy Birthyday to you as well.