PDA

View Full Version : Help with Marginal Middle Pairs

srt19170
11-26-2004, 11:22 PM
I seem to be getting a lot of hands lately of this sort:

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>

With no "extras" like a backdoor flush or straight draw, my line here would normally be to check and call if I was getting the pot odds for my 5 outs; otherwise I fold. Is that the correct line? If you're acting last and it is checked around to you, would you bet? Is there any situation where you would raise?

-- Scott

mizaun
11-27-2004, 02:06 AM
I think that you can check-fold this unless your getting pretty solid odds that are near closing the action. This is a bad holding in general and your outs are muddy with the club draw out there. If i thought that the person betting nothing and was weak enough to check fold the turn without top pair i think a raise might be ok... trying to sqeeze blood from a stone though.