PDA

View Full Version : Two pair in the BB -- turn and river action.

Entity
11-26-2004, 08:35 PM
Guy I'm up against is a little under average aggression, super loose (60% VPIP, PFR 2.3%, .8 Tot-A over 80 hands). He likes to bet top pair no kicker a lot. I haven't seen him bet draws or worse than TPNK, though he'll call down with those hands.

He hasn't raised me much, or been particularly tricky.

Game #233531253: Texas Hold'em Limit ($1/$2) - Interpoker

UTG folds, EP folds, MP limps, CO limps, SB (Villain) completes, I check in the BB with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.

Flop comes K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif.

SB bets, I raise, MP limper folds, CO calls, SB calls.

Turn comes 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif.

SB bets again, I just call (??), CO calls.

River comes 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif.

SB bets, I fold...

Everything standard? Raise the turn?

Rob

balkii
11-26-2004, 08:52 PM
you have to raise the turn here. river fold seems correct.

Scotch78
11-26-2004, 11:19 PM
Post deleted by Scotch78

Entity
11-26-2004, 11:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Raise the turn and call the river. Both of those bear repeating, in fact: raise the turn and call the river.

Scott

[/ QUOTE ]
Why do I call this river? He's not betting middle pair here (or at least he didn't in any of the hands I played against him).

I agree about raising the turn.

Rob

Scotch78
11-26-2004, 11:33 PM
D'oh! Sorry about that, I just got out of bed and it appears I haven't woken up yet. Wasn't even thinking about the counterfeit. Yeah, folding is good.

Scott

mperich
11-26-2004, 11:36 PM
What was your reasoning for not raising the turn here anyways? I'd only slow down on the turn here to a 3bet. River sucks and you hafta fold =/

-Mike