PDA

View Full Version : I'm pretty sure I played this one poorly...

BigBaitsim (milo)
11-26-2004, 08:17 PM
WSOP VIP Freeroll Empire. Table is very tight. A preflop raise typically ends it. I'm pretty new to MTTs, so be gentle. Personally, I think this shows how badly I suck. Opinions?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (10 handed)

BB (t2684)
Milo (t915)
UTG+1 (t1834)
UTG+2 (t700)
MP1 (t405)
MP2 (t2070)
MP3 (t685)
CO (t710)
Button (t665)
SB (t3022)

Preflop: Milo is UTG with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Milo raises to t200</font>, UTG+1 calls t200, UTG+2 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises to t405 (All-In)</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">Milo raises to t915 (All-In)</font>, UTG+1 folds.

DVC Calif
11-26-2004, 09:32 PM
KQs is a Group 2 starting hand and probably should be played in late position if no one raised prior. It is dominated by several hands and if playing for flush value, may not make the nut flush unless the ace in on the board.

That being said, I don't like your 4xBB raise PF. You have good draw potential but not that good. Folding, limping or standard 3xBB would have better. The re-raise all-in to isolate is okay but risky considering UTG-1 had you both covered. YOu said table was playing tight, so if he felt comfortable calling your 4x raise, that might have made me slow down. If he had a monster, you and the short stacke both may have been eliminated.

As it was, you were probably at best a coin flip to med pp, and a dog to a stronger drawing hand (AK, AQ).

But if your playing to win, I guess you gotta take a chance somewhere, espeically with your stack at 18BBs. I hope it worked out for you. Post results after more vets give feedback.

Steve

BigBaitsim (milo)
11-27-2004, 11:27 AM
He had AA and I went to the store to pick up some milk for the kids.

TStoneMBD
11-27-2004, 03:29 PM
yah i would just call here. if you get reraised allin then its a clear fold, but the villain shouldnt be doing this move with any hand that he wouldnt call your push with anyway, unless hes one of those weaktights who would fold AK.

willperkins
11-27-2004, 06:14 PM
If I were UTG and had the same amount of chips you had I would fold that hand. There are too many players behind me that have yet to act.
You still have plenty of chips in relation to the blinds. I would wait for a better spot.