PDA

View Full Version : Weak laydown?

Kasumeat
11-26-2004, 07:06 PM
PokerRoom 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed)

Table is loose, SUPER passive, but CO is new, so no reads.

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO caps</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (21 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Good flop for me. I bet out, not sure whether or not CO had a big PP or just AKs or something of the like.

Turn: (13 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB calls, Hero folds.

I get scared, and give up. Is this the right call with such a large pot? I can be 99% sure here that somebody has an ace with so many callers. It's questionable as to whether I have odds to chase my 2-outer.

Anybody care to guess what villian had?

Ajax410
11-26-2004, 07:19 PM
You check the turn and then fold to a position raise? I bet the turn and fold to a raise...

Alex

ncboiler
11-26-2004, 08:04 PM
call

HajiShirazu
11-26-2004, 09:02 PM
These hands always suck. I would say that you are almost always beat and should fold since you'll have to call again on the river. You'll need to call the river too and you're getting 17:2 effective odds to do it. I'm not sure if your hand is good that often, in fact it is never good against a player with normal capping standards.
On the other hand, the guy could just be a clown. If he posted and this was his first hand, I would call down. Because people do crazy things their first hand.

Kasumeat
11-26-2004, 09:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You check the turn and then fold to a position raise? I bet the turn and fold to a raise...

Alex

[/ QUOTE ]

The raise was made by a preflop capper. I felt confident that I was beat here. My thinking was that if I led out on the turn, I would probably not even get raised by an Ace, because he would be scared of my preflop 3-bet. Assuming that I just get 2-3 calls here, then what, assuming the river is a blank?

I thought I was behind here too often for a bet to be worth it on the turn. There seems to be a mixed sentiment about this. Any other thoughts?

Ajax410
11-26-2004, 09:53 PM
What it comes down to is just that I feel a lot more comfortable making a play than reacting to it. That having been said, I will bet this turn, and if I get raised, fold. If I get called, I will check/call or check/fold the river depending on who did the calling.

I think there is still a very decent chance that you have the equity to continue - and the pot odds for certain - with all that pre-flop action.

Alex