PDA

View Full Version : Whoa, i made an awful play during a UB 10+1

wtfomgbs
11-26-2004, 06:51 PM
I had 7500 chips left. There is 11 players left, started with about 120 people. Blinds are 400/200, ante's are either 50 or 25 at this point.
I feel im going to cruise into the final table without a sweat and that is where i play best.
I had recently lost a big hand for about 4,000 chips, i had been 1st or 2nd in chips this whole event practically.
I am dealt K10 /images/graemlins/heart.gifsuited OTB. I raise about 700 or so.
One caller.
Flop comes A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
He checks to me. The pot is about 2,000 at this point so i make a reasonble bet at it. Takes him a LONG time to call. I feel 100% he does not have an ace.
Turn is a 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Now he checks to me. For some bone head reason that i can't think of, i'll blame it on being tired though, i CHECK.
Damn i am dumb
Next card 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif
He checks, i go all in, he calls, flips over pocket nines and i shake my head, wish him luck and tell him nice call and leave.
I feel i 1. should have given it up after the flop, or two, gone all in for my last 4,000 or so on the turn.
I made a horrible play late, which cost me a chance at a good payout.

So my question to you other MTT players is, would you of
A: not got involved from the start.
B: Gone in on the turn provided you were 100% he had no ace.
C: given it up and checked through after your initial bluff was called.
D: None of the above you idiot, i would have done it like .....

Thanks fella's

ZootMurph
11-26-2004, 07:38 PM
Were there 4 or 5 players at your table?
Did you open raise from the button?
Was it the SB or BB that called you?

On the flop, you need to decide if your opponent has an ace... If you decide he does, fold. You may need to make a bet to make this decision. Once you know if he has an ace or not, you know whether you are willing to go to the felt. If you decide he doesn't have an ace, all in on the turn... since you MAY be winning, and have a heart draw and the King may also be an out. If you aren't willing to bet on the flop and push on the turn, you should just be checking with the intention of folding.

wtfomgbs
11-26-2004, 08:01 PM
6 at mine, one was sitting out.
Guy to my right called, i raised, blinds folded, he called.

I knew right after i checked on the turn i had f'd up.
I knew he didnt have an ace, i put him on about what he had. I was so exhausted that played a part in it, but it was all on me. He would have folded if i went in on the turn, i am 99% sure of that.