PDA

View Full Version : Best @ Party 5/10 6max

jujujaja34
11-26-2004, 06:25 PM
Some might find it worthless, interesting, thought provoking, or otherwise...

I no particular order and off the top of my head:

- GamblinMan99
- Mas Confusion
- Loki_98
- Nott0m
- Fozzy Taylor
- ___1___
- EstmtdProfit
- JDredd

Any thoughts? Additions? Subtractions?

jujujaja34

balkii
11-26-2004, 07:51 PM
wow when do you play? only guy on that list I see regularly is MasConfusion. I know two of those players are 2+2, not sure sure about the rest.

jujujaja34
11-26-2004, 07:59 PM
Balkii,

Tuesday and Thursday - nights
Monday, Wednesday, Sunday - days

I know Nott0m's a 2+2er but not sure about anyone else. Acutally, most of those names are from my day sessions come to think of it...

jujujaja34

Grisgra
11-26-2004, 08:36 PM
I seem to end up on a lot of tables with MasConfusion. Either he's got the same fish on his buddy list as I do, or he's got ME on his buddy list, the sonuvabitch. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I recognize a few of those names, and avoid most of them as they're almost all TAA.

jujujaja34
11-26-2004, 09:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I seem to end up on a lot of tables with MasConfusion. Either he's got the same fish on his buddy list as I do, or he's got ME on his buddy list, the sonuvabitch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Strangely enough, I was just thinking the same thing... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

MAxx
11-26-2004, 09:07 PM
i recognize 3 of those players in addition to our friend Nott0m. I would say that of those 3, they are all agressive. I am not convinced that they are necessarily playing great, when I have played them. but they are freakin agressive, no question there. No judgement here either way on anything but confirmation of aggression.

balkii
11-26-2004, 09:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i recognize 3 of those players in addition to our friend Nott0m. I would say that of those 3, they are all agressive. I am not convinced that they are necessarily playing great, when I have played them. but they are freakin agressive, no question there. No judgement here either way on anything but confirmation of aggression.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with maxx... some of those guys are 3/6 grads that I used to play with. Tight? sure. Aggressive? sure. Great players? Well...

jujujaja34
11-26-2004, 09:32 PM
Balkii,

First, let me say that NONE of the players I've seen in this game are "great" or anything close to it. Usually, once players start beating this game at a good enough rate they move up to the higher limits.

With that said, I think aggression in this particular game goes much further towards being a winning player than in the higher limits (specifically b/c of the overall passive nature of 5/10).

I'm just saying that, yes, even the very best players at 5/10 are not necessarily anything special.

jujujaja34

stripsqueez
11-27-2004, 12:55 AM
i hear these guys are ok but only because they told me so

tirua
endplayed
polyjuice
bridgebuff
ralph64

anybody who has a view on one of these guys i would be interested

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

imitation
11-27-2004, 02:28 AM
Endplayed doesn't raise much often limps EP, shows a little weak tight tendencies, but infact may just be that they let the agressive players bet their hands for them. Is too tight in the blinds and hardly steals.

emonrad87
11-27-2004, 05:04 AM
How about our friend at the general board, Lansing? He sure THINKS he's the best..

Check these out for some humor:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1302285&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1308549&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1#Post1308963

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I guess he plays full ring actually. Oh well. done all this work, not gonna not post it now /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

spydog
11-27-2004, 05:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]

tirua
endplayed
polyjuice
bridgebuff
ralph64

[/ QUOTE ]

endplayed: 162 hands, 21 VPIP, 6.8 PFR, ASB 3%
bridgebuff: 151 hands, 16 VPIP, 6.6 PFR

spydog
11-27-2004, 05:51 AM
Here are some good players:

Fumar_Matar
Garb0
LCKUY
MadTailor
Mr___Floppy
sol_tiger8
Trufant

Guy McSucker
11-27-2004, 09:00 AM
I have both Trufant and endplayed down as weak-tighties... I certainly don't mess with them when they're playing a pot, but they're both losing in my db, so maybe I've caught them on bad days.

Guy.

helpmeout
11-27-2004, 09:14 AM
Trufant is -$768 on my DB with a PFR of only 8.59%

MAxx
11-28-2004, 09:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

tirua
endplayed
polyjuice
bridgebuff
ralph64

[/ QUOTE ]

the only one i have faced was bridgebuff

i got 99 hands with him and from what i can tell from 99 hands on a person.... i think he could have some potential. he is agressive and tight. i would not be surprised if he gets real good, if he isn't already. he raises pf 15% and an af of 3 without pf stats. he did not once raise the turn or river, but that was because he was leading around 50% of the time on both streets. i get the feeling he could be taking his hands too far occasionally. anyway he looks pretty solid overall. disclaimer: 99 hands isnt a ton.

the only real bad thing i saw was when he got jammed up imbetween a raising war when he was chasing a inside straight on the flop with his JTs out of the big blind. he was cool until he called two cold on the flop, and it got capped. then he caught a J on the turn, and it got capped too. they all got scared of the river and it got checked down. your man had the worst hand shown down.

be sure to give him a hard time

Guy McSucker
11-29-2004, 06:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]

disclaimer: 99 hands isnt a ton.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's one short.

Guy.

Jeff W
11-29-2004, 06:57 AM
My guess is that the Prescott you mentioned in this post (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=headsup&Number=1279228&For um=,,All_Forums,,&Words=&Searchpage=1&Limit=25&Mai n=1279228&Search=true&where=&Name=3195&daterange=& newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev =#Post1279228) is endplayed. Am I right?

stripsqueez
11-29-2004, 07:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My guess is that the Prescott you mentioned in this post is endplayed. Am I right?

[/ QUOTE ]

you are

bridgebuff is a former bridge partner of mine who hadnt played a single hand of poker till july this year

kirisim
11-29-2004, 09:51 AM
Have you guys played with "Nofxguy" at all? What's your opinion of him?

naphand
11-29-2004, 02:19 PM
Good guess, that was my thinking too... /images/graemlins/smirk.gif