PDA

View Full Version : AA and a TAG is giving action

maryfield48
11-26-2004, 12:44 PM
The TAG is very T - 14% VP, 5% PFR. The LPP is very LP - 80% VP, <2%PFR.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 <font color="purple">(TAG)</font> 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB <font color="purple">(LP-P)</font> calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP3 <font color="purple">(TAG)</font> calls, SB calls, BB <font color="purple">(LP-P)</font> calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (28 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, LP-P checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">TAG raises</font>, SB calls, LP-P calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, TAG calls, SB calls, LP-P calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (21.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, LP-P checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">TAG raises</font>, SB folds, UTG+1 folds, Hero...

How do I play it from here?

mmbt0ne
11-26-2004, 12:56 PM
3-bets. I don't think TT is a hand most would 3-bet with preflop.

StellarWind
11-26-2004, 01:10 PM
Did BB call the turn?

Heads up this is an easy call because TT seems more likely than KK/QQ at this point.

With BB still in the hand you would make a little something by playing ping-pong with another AA. Still, you made your AA pretty clear and TAG responded by ambushing you. I can't see putting in any extra action when there is such a large risk of a set.

Just call down.

LeftBack
11-26-2004, 01:14 PM
TAG's hand hasn't improved any more than yours, so you're still ahead of him, most likely.

But, I'm more concerned about all the callers than I am about the TAG. Aside from the draws, there's a good chance that there's a small set or two pair watching you guys tear each other apart.

Slow down. Call the TAG's raise, check the river, and see who shows themselves. I would probably have to fold if it came back raised, but it would be hard.

maryfield48
11-26-2004, 01:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Did BB call the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

BB called for his last $3 on the turn. Converter missed the all-in.

[ QUOTE ]
With BB still in the hand you would make a little something by playing ping-pong with another AA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes and no. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

aron
11-26-2004, 03:11 PM
I've seen posters on this forum claim that it is standard to 3-bet TT preflop.
Can't say I feel comfortable with it though.
-aron

sfer
11-26-2004, 03:14 PM
If the villain tight, aggressive, and decent postflop, start calling.

Ptolemy
11-26-2004, 03:37 PM
I'm not sure if I see TAG w/ TT here as he failed to cap the flop. His aggression pf should rule out 33 and 66. He almost looks like KK or AA who suddenly wondered in you have TT.

No one else is a concern in the hand as LPP is all-in and everyone else has folded (if I read things correct).

So, you are now head-up for whatever else goes in. I'd 3-bet the turn and call his cap. If the river comes another blank bet out again and call his raise hoping to see KK and not AA from him.

maryfield48
11-26-2004, 08:32 PM
Turn: (21.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, LP-P checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">TAG raises</font>, SB folds, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

River: (25.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">TAG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 27.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
LP-P has Tc 9s (one pair, tens).
Hero has Ac As (one pair, aces).
TAG has Jd Js (one pair, jacks).
Outcome: Hero wins 27.50 BB. </font>

So yeah, I check-called from the turn raise on down.

But here's what I was thinking afterwards. Villain overplayed at some point. If he had TT he overplayed pre-flop. If he had KK/QQ he overplayed post-flop. Only way he didn't overplay was if he had AA.

So why should I give him credit for beating me in this situation? I know from the way this hand has gone he's making mistakes, somewhere. Is it MUBS to believe that the mistake he made is the one that hurts me? Am I now being result-oriented?

HajiShirazu
11-26-2004, 08:58 PM
If the guy is only 5% PFR (and sample size always hurts these reads) he's probably not 3-betting TT preflop. Anyway I would rather put in one more raise here before I put the guy on a set.