PDA

View Full Version : So how can I work out if my KK is ahead on this flop? (Big pot)

partygirluk
11-26-2004, 12:31 PM
This was about 8 hands into the $5 MTT on Stars. Hero starts with 1500 chips, Villain with 1460.

Blinds are 10/20 and Hero has KhKs /images/graemlins/smile.gif on the button. Four limpers, Hero makes raises an extra 140. All four call!

Flop (pot is 830)

9d8s4s

Villain bets 260, 3 folds to Hero?

The guy limped in for 20 then called a 140 raise for > 10 pc. of his chips, so I don't have much respect for him. I guess his play makes the most sense with a medium pocket like 8s or 9s....., but many people can't get away from connectors like 89 or JT.

I really was not sure what to do here. KK is a great hand, but only one pair. On the other hand, he has only bets 1/3 of the pot. What should my plan be? Is there anyway I can sniff out if I am beat or do I just need a strong arm? Does anyone fold because they can still outplay the field with 1340 chips? Or, if it looks like he is drawing, perhaps the better play is to call, then push on a safe turn card?

All thoughts are appreciated, I was really lost on this one.

fnord_too
11-26-2004, 01:57 PM
Never played on stars, but from what I have seen in the tournies I have played, you will get paid off by hankds like 9T, A9, and called by hands like JT a lot. Really, with no read on the guy, you have to assume you are ahead here (because you are most of the time) and push. I definitely think pushing here is the most +EV play you have.

lady4luck
11-26-2004, 10:32 PM
i would of thought that possibly he held A-9 A-4 or four to the flush and pushed him, to get out or go all in.