PDA

View Full Version : If you weren't very good at MTT, which site would you pick

steamboatin
11-26-2004, 12:28 PM
I want to play more MTT but I am not very good at them. Which site would you recommend?

Beavis68
11-26-2004, 01:36 PM
Doylesroom

They have them often, and the buy-ins are as low as 1c for rebuys and .60c for normal tourneys, all the way to to 100 bucks.

Fields are capped at 630 players, most run from 100-400 players.

Speed tourneys have 3min levels, standard 8min, and there are some with 12min levels.

They also have frequent play point (Action Point) free rolls with cash pools from 100 to 5000 dollars.

Yads
11-26-2004, 01:39 PM
Anywhere that has speed tourneys, the play level is equalized with the ridiculous speed the blinds are increased.

steamboatin
11-26-2004, 01:45 PM
I don't suck so bad that I need to play Bingo. I decided it takes to long to clear Full Tilt's bonus so I am moving my money and i want good tourney availability. I was thinking about PokerStars are their tourneys tough?

betgo
11-26-2004, 01:59 PM
I like speed tournament, because I am better at making preflop decisions and some of the players are really bad.

Beavis68
11-26-2004, 02:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't suck so bad that I need to play Bingo. I decided it takes to long to clear Full Tilt's bonus so I am moving my money and i want good tourney availability. I was thinking about PokerStars are their tourneys tough?

[/ QUOTE ]

PokerStars has a few 1 and 3 dollar MTTs per day, but all there tourmanets have huge fields - over 700 so, it can take forever.

Absolute poker isnt a bad place for MTTs.

Also, UB has free rolls through-out the day, huge fields, but it is a good way to practice ship stack manangement.

The bonus bucks will be worthless to you if you don't play cash games though.

yimmy9
11-26-2004, 04:32 PM
try pokerroom they have $5 about every hour plus other tournaments and the play is not great either.

Iconoclastic
11-26-2004, 05:35 PM
I don't get it. If you weren't very good, wouldn't you rather IMPROVE your play than just find the lowest skilled site out there?

steamboatin
11-26-2004, 07:37 PM
Why yes, I would like to play against the very toughest possible opponenents, go broke and fail immediately. Therefore making sure I never get to learn anything.

No I am looking for average competition. I want to survive long enough to actually gain some experience and improve my tourney skills.