PDA

View Full Version : More Crypto Wierdness

Izaak_Walton
11-26-2004, 11:36 AM
Ok, I log onto one crypto site and get seated at a table of my favorite denomination, $.50/$1 NL. When I click on another (different) table of the same denomination (so that I can 2-table) I am told: "You are already seated at this table."

OK, so I just assume that for some reason they won't let you be seated at 2 tables of the same denomination at the same time (for whatever wierd reason).

OK, so to solve the problem I log onto 2 crypto sites at the same time and get seated at 2 different $.50/$1 NL tables at the same time through the 2 different sites. Naturally I am using 2 different table names since I entered via 2 separate sites.

The Wierdness: while doing this I see several other players (same table name) playing on both tables at the same time.

This is mindboggling bacause it means that either (1) they have the same table name at 2 sites; or (2) they can get onto 2 tables of the same denomination at one site (which I cannot do).

So how do they accomplish this???

Crowsnest
11-26-2004, 12:12 PM
There are some quirks with the Cryptos, the waiting lists are screw3y for one. You can indeed play up to 4 tables of teh same denomination. Some quirk was keeping you out at your particular denomination...

Also, all cryptos feed into the same room, so whatever skin you enter through, you will see the same opponents name at any particular table, but your name will be different...

cheers

Crowsnest

SeanSkill
11-26-2004, 01:22 PM
This may be naive but what would stop you from logging on from two different skins and playing two hands at the same table?

Uston
11-26-2004, 02:10 PM
This may be naive but what would stop you from logging on from two different skins and playing two hands at the same table?

Some moral fiber, maybe? That, and the fact that the IP address would be the same for both accounts.

Uston
11-26-2004, 02:12 PM
I've played over four tables of the same denomination. I did six but I'm fairly certain there's no cap.

GrannyMae
11-26-2004, 02:18 PM
OK, so I just assume that for some reason they won't let you be seated at 2 tables of the same denomination at the same time (for whatever wierd reason).

those table lists pop around. i'll bet you just accidentally clicked the same table you WERE already at. try it again later and let us know if you still have this bug.

Izaak_Walton
11-26-2004, 04:41 PM
This isn't Party, where the tables do a frenetic dance on the list and you have to be a "mouse marksman" to snag one. At Crypto, they just sort of lie there motionless.

In any case I have tried at least twice on each of the 6 crypto skins, always with the exact same result.

Another reason why they have to pay whores to play with them. /images/graemlins/grin.gif Another quirk I love: When you buy in at a certain amount and lose a little and want to top up your stack to the level that you started with, you get a little pop-up that says "You have enough chips". I guess it costs them too much to transfer $ to the tables in dribbles and drabs. Thanks, Mom, you're right, I have enough chips; but I sure hope I don't flop a full house before you're ready to give me permission to spend some more of my money on your site!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

GrannyMae
11-26-2004, 05:29 PM
This isn't Party, where the tables do a frenetic dance on the list and you have to be a "mouse marksman" to snag one.

oops. my bad then. well, your problem is the damndest thing i have heard then. i have no problem sitting at similar stakes.

btw, frenetic dance is the perfect description. i get dizzy from that list.

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/h0/hollering.gif