PDA

View Full Version : Final table of Party $109 (#145590)

jslag
11-26-2004, 10:38 AM
Currently third in chips if anyone feels like watching

Only 70 players, would like a top 3 finish

young nut
11-26-2004, 11:04 AM
Doin good slaggo...top 3, now take it home!

zaxx19
11-26-2004, 11:07 AM
100 dollar tourneys @ 10.00 AM your a darn warrior........GL

VinnyTheFish
11-26-2004, 11:49 AM
This is a heavy weight bout! Punches flying, no one going down for the count!

jslag
11-26-2004, 11:58 AM
Yeah, that was a tough heads up match. He outplayed me several times, but I also made some big mistakes when I had the chip lead.

You wouldn't believe how many times he folded the small blind to me when I had a monster hand. I had AA, KK, AK, 99, AQ... no action. Got action on AA once, but botched the lead.

Thanks for all those that watched and cheered me on, I appreciate it.

Considering I was down to 894 chips with four people left, I'm happy with 2nd. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Maybe I'll post some hands from heads up when I get some more energy. It was a great change of pace to _actually have_ a heads up match. The stacks were big enough that we saw plenty of flops. I think the duel lasted about 25 minutes or so.

J.

Boltsfan1992
11-26-2004, 12:00 PM
It was fun to watch (hopefully fun to play).

My wife even watched...so she cheered you on also. Not sure how I feel about that. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

VinnyTheFish
11-26-2004, 12:25 PM
well played! $$$$$ - cha ching

bads33d
11-26-2004, 02:33 PM
only mistake was that all in with aj when he limped with AA...it was your first time going all in...you would usually reraise and then you could of folded to a reraise...

very well played...nice freeroll win with the k9...

played your short stack very well...

jslag
11-26-2004, 10:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
only mistake was that all in with aj when he limped with AA...it was your first time going all in...you would usually reraise and then you could of folded to a reraise...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was kicking myself for that move. I even gained the chip lead back after that screw up, but managed to lose several medium sized pots to him.

There were several times where I was very close to ending the match, I check-raised him all-in on a board of 754T with 3 hearts. I had flopped two pair with 54 in the BB. Knew he didn't have the flush, but he ended up making a good laydown of his flush draw/top pair.

Gotta improve my heads-up game though, that's for sure.

jslag
11-26-2004, 10:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It was fun to watch (hopefully fun to play).

My wife even watched...so she cheered you on also. Not sure how I feel about that. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If it's possible to have a lot of fun losing a match, then this was one of those times. It was a very tough, entertaining match up.

Thank you (and your wife, lol) for the support.

J.