PDA

View Full Version : 2 folds

Peter_rus
11-26-2004, 09:58 AM
As mostly SH-player i try to improve my skill to fold early some semi-decent holdings as fast as possible in multyway. There is no way im able ever fold in SH on flop 1st or 2nd hand, but in full game i want to pay some more credits to people even in 15/30. Do you like these folds? Are they seem to be auto?

1 hand.

MP1 seem to be laggish preflop raiser.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (12 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, Hero folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (11.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP1 calls, SB folds.

River: (16.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 18.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 18.50 BB, between BB and MP1.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by MP1 (18.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB has Ad Qc (three of a kind, queens).
MP1 has Kh Ah (straight, ace high).
Outcome: MP1 wins 18.50 BB. </font>

2 hand.

UTG+2 is strange quite loose (&gt;30 vpip) and passive 2+2er, who knows me.

CO is nearly the same loose but more agressive. Nearly good in postflop agression.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero folds, BB folds, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (5 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, UTG+2 calls.

River: (7 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 7 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 7 BB, between UTG+2 and CO.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by UTG+2 (7 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG+2 has Qd Td (one pair, queens).
CO has 5c 7c (one pair, sevens).
Outcome: UTG+2 wins 7 BB. </font>

Paluka
11-26-2004, 10:24 AM
I like the first one a lot more than the 2nd. When nobody raises preflop people don't give anybody credit for anything. In the first hand it is pretty unlikely anyone is screwing around with it being 3 bet preflop.

SLEEPER
11-26-2004, 12:59 PM
I like how you played both hands...... Personally, I am a little tighter than you are, and would most likely fold my K3 suited in the SB. It gets me into way too much trouble out of position. However, if I did limp in with it, I would fold here 99% of the time, unless I knew that these two players played like this.

They look fine to me!

Peter_rus
11-26-2004, 01:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
would most likely fold my K3 suited in the SB

[/ QUOTE ]

Are u sure? Not only it's 10-15 blind structure, but there is a plenty of limpers around. I think i would limp with 10-20 structure as well as 2-5 (1-3 is debatable).

JeffO
11-26-2004, 01:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I am a little tighter than you are, and would most likely fold my K3 suited in the SB.

[/ QUOTE ]

K3s Is an easy call here. Since you decided to check instead of leading out, easy fold. I'll play it the same way you did multiway. If its 3 or 4 way I'll lead out .

SLEEPER
11-26-2004, 01:14 PM
The problem for me is if I am playing the 15/30 or otherwise, I have a hard time making decisions such as this..... I just limped with K3 and now I need to fold my top pair? You guys must play much better than me after the flop, in order to make the right decisions often out of position with this hand.... yeah, I am sure if you make a flush/draw the hand plays much easier.... but I think I am -EV in this situation. I personally don't think that I give up too much here by folding. If the table is really loose in general, and passive, than I would obviously think about playing it more often.... But it does not seem to look like a passive table!

Peter_rus
11-26-2004, 01:17 PM
You can play this hand for flush draw, trips, and maybe 2 pairs _only_ and it would be still pretty correct limp on preflop.

SLEEPER
11-26-2004, 01:21 PM
I guess you are getting 17-1 preflop..... I usually play the 10/20 and 8/16 games.... so the SB is only half the bet...... I guess you are right, but you need to be able to fold it in situations like this.... which you did!

Thanks, nice hand!

Senor Choppy
11-26-2004, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
UTG+2 is strange quite loose (&gt;30 vpip) and passive 2+2er, who knows me.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, anyone care to raise their hand here?

Both hands look fine.

MicroBob
11-27-2004, 02:53 AM
with this many limpers you should strongly call with 72s.
and you can consider calling with 72o.

I think both of these folds are good.