PDA

View Full Version : masterpartypoker scam

stupidsucker
11-26-2004, 05:37 AM
I was playing a SnG last night and someone flashed this link for masterpartypoker.com (http://www.masterpartypoker.com/). I checked the link out out of curiosity and it looks like a bit of a scam.

He claims to make it ITM 50% of the time playing 215s. and a 139.5% roi. (if I am reading that correctly.) This is ridiculously impossible.

This isnt the "SnG book" people have been talking about that is comming out right?

I almost want to buy it just to see if he has just ripped off guides from here and if it has any worthy poker content at all. The 30 bucks is no sweat, but I dont really want to line this guys pockets.

Paragon
11-26-2004, 05:49 AM
With a professional website like that, I'm totally convinced this guy is the real deal.

tigerite
11-26-2004, 05:49 AM
He advertises it on just about every table I go onto, it seems.

stupidsucker
11-26-2004, 05:50 AM
I did a search and this book has been discussed before in another thread that for some reason I am having trouble linking.

Ryendal
11-27-2004, 07:38 PM
I made some search on the net.
And I found that before http://www.science.psu.edu/alert/Mathcontest3-2004.htm

But I found that too ...

http://psu.dailyjolt.com/housing/read.html?id=19487

It is not logical that this guy has a budget of only 650$ for the summer if he can earn 170$ by hour ...
So I conclude that this book is a swindle

ZhenRen
11-27-2004, 08:35 PM
You can also report him for advertising / spamming to party poker, and see what they think about this.

Ryendal
11-27-2004, 08:59 PM
really ?

ilya
11-28-2004, 01:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]

It is not logical that this guy has a budget of only 650$ for the summer...

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah man, that's pretty impressive: he actually managed to sell 22 copies of his book.

SuitedSixes
11-28-2004, 09:08 AM
Out of curiosity . . . really, curiosity . . . I bought it and it's crap, like I suspected. However, I am pretty sure the guy is a two+twoer.

It is basically just the SNG FAQ from this website with a few exceptions. He states that he is a horrible ring game player. He recommends that you play nothing in Rounds 1-3 except AA, AK, and KK, or QQ if you're in late position. My favorite is that he wants you to FOLD in the BB no matter what.

I'll post more gems later, but it boils down to this: play weak-tight early, and basically never see a flop. The solid information was just stolen from the FAQ here. Save your money.

More to follow . . .

eastbay
11-28-2004, 03:24 PM
If someone really didn't like this sort of scam, they would register masterpartypokersucks.com, and post the full text, with a few comments about why it's wrong.

A few posts to rgp and here would probably kill this guy's profits for good.

eastbay

captZEEbo1
11-28-2004, 11:00 PM
A small comment on his ROI, is that it's....27%
850/215*10

So impressive for the $215 level, but according to his website, it sounds like his sample size is only 10 games lol.

Furthermore, rofl, this guy is funny. It's also funny someone found that his budget for the summer was like 4 hrs of partypoker work.

Nepa
11-28-2004, 11:47 PM
Posting the guys phone number. I guess you can call him if you have questions about the book. LOL

Nepa
11-29-2004, 12:01 AM
The price on ebay just went from 29.95 to 1.95

ebook on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=378&item=450815349 4&rd=1)

SuitedSixes
11-30-2004, 05:12 AM
I could do that, would there be any legal repurcussions against me or two+two?

If I get the OK from Mason, I'll do it as a "book review."

SuitedSixes
11-30-2004, 05:15 AM
Damn! I paid full price!

stupidsucker
11-30-2004, 05:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
A small comment on his ROI, is that it's....27%
850/215*10

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont even know how I came up with my original number, but the actual roi he is claiming is 39.5%

850/2150= 39.5%

Impossible for the long run.

SuitedSixes
11-30-2004, 06:08 AM
Maybe it's possible if you fold from the big blind unless you have AA. Just because it's impossible for you . . .

Scuba Chuck
11-30-2004, 11:04 AM
You guys kill me. You're probably right about the unsustainable ROI. But have you tried?

By the way, if the book is what you say it is, then he should be hounded. Post his phone number.

skirtus
11-30-2004, 11:14 AM
Ive seen this guys links posted alot on the lower limit. I havent seen the book but I gather his strategy guide is flawed. So the more books he sells the better off we all are. Im all for it. Someone should write a SNG Guide for all those WPT players out there.

Heres a start.

Raise any A early in an sng. You need to build a big stack early to survive the later rounds. Be aggressive early. Win big or go home.

Go all-in when you catch any part of the flop early in an SnG. Push the other players around.

On the bubble play conservative. Sneak into the money if you can.

Multi-table. Multi-table. Gamble. Gamble Gamble.

kalooki45
11-30-2004, 11:18 AM
hear, hear! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Turk
12-11-2004, 03:06 AM
Well, I can report it is trash, and the kids nasty on top of it.
I sent an email to Party Poker about it but am not holding my breath based on what I have heard about their customer service track record, but who knows perhaps they will surprise me.
Anyway, I can fill you in as to the contents in another post
but for now, dont waste a cent with this trash.

thequiet1
12-11-2004, 03:34 AM
I got spammed by this guy a few times, ignored it at first, but after the 12th time in 20 minutes i reported him to PP staff. Hadn't heard good things about their service so didnt expect much, but next morning i had a reply saying they had disabled that members chat feature. That day another username (likely same guy) spammed the same site so I reported him as well. Next morning I had a reply saying this users chat had been disabled as well.

If you do report spam make sure to send a screen shot along with it.

Vetstadium
12-11-2004, 11:17 AM
I learn enough at this site don't need a scam book, just my 2 cents.

Phill S
12-11-2004, 12:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I got spammed by this guy a few times, ignored it at first, but after the 12th time in 20 minutes i reported him to PP staff. Hadn't heard good things about their service so didnt expect much, but next morning i had a reply saying they had disabled that members chat feature. That day another username (likely same guy) spammed the same site so I reported him as well. Next morning I had a reply saying this users chat had been disabled as well.

If you do report spam make sure to send a screen shot along with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

justgive them the hand no. and its cool, they can look it up on their end.

Phill

GambleAB
12-11-2004, 02:02 PM
For anyone still interested:

After this joker posted a link to his ebook on RGP (which, at that time, he was sellingon ebay), I did a little research.
HE bought this ebook for $2 from another member on ebay. Then, a couple of days later, HE started selling this ebook himself on ebay (with the same layout, wording in the auction, ect). So it was just one of those scams of "buy this, and then you can sell it to others and increase your profits!" type of deals, which he then took a step furthur, cutting (I'd assume) any mentions of reselling the book, registering a site (which you can lookup at www.whois.net (http://www.whois.net)), and trying to pass it off as his own. Obviously he doesn't really play on Party, he just creates names with which to spam for a day until they block his chat. Since I don't play on Party, and have him killfiltered, it really isnone of my concern, but felt that some people here would appreciate the back story.

syka16
12-11-2004, 09:25 PM
lol!!!