PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else getting e-mails like this crap???

Talk2BigSteve
11-26-2004, 03:47 AM
I got this e-mail in my mail late Wednesday, I was shocked with it mentioned "I crossed over your post on the forum" as this is the only poker forum I use. Are Companies like Empire actually building a database from our E-mail addresses in our profiles on this forum???
This is the content of the E-mail:

Hi Steve,

My name is Yossi and I'm from Tradal, Empire Poker marketing department.

I've crossed over one of your posts on forum. As a poker fun, I'm sure you meet many poker players on these forums and elsewhere.
I would like to offer you to join Empire Poker offline affiliate program and get 25% as profit sharing for players you can bring to Empire Poker. Let me know if you are interested. If you do, I'll send you bonus code, tracker number and Empire Poker business cards.

Sincerely Yours.
Yossi Sagir
Marketing
Tradal Ltd
T:+357 25 847730
C:+357 99 837195

Anyone else get this crap???

Living, Learning, and Laughing.
Big Steve /images/graemlins/cool.gif

umdpoker
11-26-2004, 04:53 AM
well i got an email from empire a couple months ago about their affiliate info. they didnt mention any posts. they just noticed that i play a lot. anyways, what is the email address he used to send you the info? i accidentally erased the email, and now all of a sudden some of my friends are interested in playing. i never wrote down my affiliate info, so im screwed. please help! pm me or post it here, i dont care. thanks.

MicroBob
11-26-2004, 04:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Are Companies like Empire actually building a database from our E-mail addresses in our profiles on this forum???

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure looks like our good friend Yossi just sniffed out your e-mail from your 2+2 profile (since you said you don't frequent other forums...neither do I).

I don't have my e-mail in my profile and that's part of the reason why.
While I like and trust somewhere around 95-99% of the 2+2'ers out there I just don't want some affiliates or others to look in my profile KNOWING that I'm a fairly serious poker player and then start spamming me.

I wonder if others who have their e-mails in their profiles have received their fair-share of unwanted spam, not necessarily from Empire/Yossi.....but just from the poker universe as a whole.

kdog
11-26-2004, 03:38 PM
Got the exact same email from this ahole about a week ago. And like you, the only place he could have gotten my addy is here.

SamJack
11-26-2004, 03:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I got this e-mail in my mail late Wednesday, I was shocked with it mentioned "I crossed over your post on the forum" as this is the only poker forum I use. Are Companies like Empire actually building a database from our E-mail addresses in our profiles on this forum???
This is the content of the E-mail:

Hi Steve,

My name is Yossi and I'm from Tradal, Empire Poker marketing department.

I've crossed over one of your posts on forum. As a poker fun, I'm sure you meet many poker players on these forums and elsewhere.
I would like to offer you to join Empire Poker offline affiliate program and get 25% as profit sharing for players you can bring to Empire Poker. Let me know if you are interested. If you do, I'll send you bonus code, tracker number and Empire Poker business cards.

Sincerely Yours.
Yossi Sagir
Marketing
Tradal Ltd
T:+357 25 847730
C:+357 99 837195

Anyone else get this crap???

Living, Learning, and Laughing.
Big Steve /images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I would think that when you post something like this it would be of great service to XXX out the name, site, and the phone # so I doesn't propagate the spam.

SamJack

Tuco
11-26-2004, 09:05 PM
How about when you reply to a post with such info, should you xxx it out then?

Tuco.

umdpoker
11-26-2004, 09:46 PM
hello, can any of you people who were spammed pm the email address that was used for the offer? thanks.

Luv2DriveTT
11-27-2004, 10:59 AM
If you do some investigative work, I'd think you see that this email is not from Empire, its from an affiliate looking for you to join him.

A) "As a poker fun" a poker fun? I don't think the Empire marketing team would allow a template email such as this to have that kind of error.

B) "My name is Yossi and I'm from Tradal, Empire Poker marketing department". Yossi works for Tradal. One of Tradal's departments seems to be a tiered affilate program - aka a pyramid scheme. I might be wrong about this, but thats what it looks like from the outside looking in. Pyramid schemes are illegal in the USA (except for Amway, which went through a special congressional investigation many years ago).

In short, Yossi was trolling around here and got your email address. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

BradleyT
11-27-2004, 12:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you do some investigative work, I'd think you see that this email is not from Empire, its from an affiliate looking for you to join him.

A) "As a poker fun" a poker fun? I don't think the Empire marketing team would allow a template email such as this to have that kind of error.

B) "My name is Yossi and I'm from Tradal, Empire Poker marketing department". Yossi works for Tradal. One of Tradal's departments seems to be a tiered affilate program - aka a pyramid scheme. I might be wrong about this, but thats what it looks like from the outside looking in. Pyramid schemes are illegal in the USA (except for Amway, which went through a special congressional investigation many years ago).

In short, Yossi was trolling around here and got your email address. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Pyramid schemes that make you pay to join are illegal - not free marketing ones (MLM).

Luv2DriveTT
11-27-2004, 12:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Pyramid schemes that make you pay to join are illegal - not free marketing ones (MLM).

[/ QUOTE ]

Then I stand corrected. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

GrannyMae
11-27-2004, 02:10 PM

the grammar is horrible and the spam is unforgiveable, but tradal is the company that handles empire affiliate business.

Luv2DriveTT
11-27-2004, 08:09 PM
Thanks Granny. There was not mention of Tradal on Empires website, hence my deduction. It was a bit unprofessional however, I hope they clean up their practices... its only good for business /images/graemlins/grin.gif