PDA

View Full Version : raise from the bb with kqs against limp from sb?

texman
11-26-2004, 02:55 AM
In a sng table ($30 nl) 5 opponents to go and I have 3305 (leader) and the 2nd place chip holder with 1880 chips is on my right. I am in the bb (blinds 100/200) it is folded to the sb and he limps, I have KQ spades and I reraised to 600 (based on previous play I was about 100% sure I had the best hand), he reraises and goes all in (with Jc9h) and I call and the board ends up: Qd 9d 8h 4d Td. So he pulls out the straight on the river (at the end of the tourney my flush gets rivered by a boat).
My question is this: Did I play the pre-flop move properly? If I feel there is a chance he will go all in ( with a reraise) should I let him know I am pot committed with a raise of about 900-1000, or just reraise to 400 (assuming with this amount he will call to see the flop instead of going all in )and hit the flop hard once the top pair shows. Thanks

Benholio
11-26-2004, 03:09 AM
Well, completing the SB leaves villain with ~7bb, so any kind of bet is pot committing him, so you might as well just push. If you are pretty certain that his hand is worse than yours, pushing is that much easier.

Without doing the ICM math, I'm fairly certain that you want him to put all his chips in here with his J9, rather than just take his 200.

captZEEbo1
11-26-2004, 03:15 AM
It's a good raising hand, the only thing is, you should be going allin, instead of CONFUSING the other person as to the fold equity. By going allin you are telling them, yup, I'm not folding...if I am bluffing, you better be willing to try and beat a bluff! Often times people don't realize that you are pot committed and are more willing to go allin THINKING they have fold equity when they really don't have fold equity. So I'm definitely allin here after the sb completes.

SmileyEH
11-26-2004, 03:34 AM
This is an auto all in preflop.

-SmileyEH