PDA

View Full Version : Most Pathetic SnG Ever

wegs the wegs
11-26-2004, 01:52 AM
6 seater on Ultimate Bet. When four handed called an all in with QQ when another player who had 100 less than me pushed with KK.

One player dropped when his boat lost to the Big Stack's bigger boat. So the count is about 4800, 1000 to my right, and 200 for me. I pushed a few times and caught when I had Ax. Was going to continue to do this until my immeadiate right made an idiotic call and got down to my chip count.
The next 20 or so hands were folded to the Big Stacks raises. The way it broke down was that the Blinds fell in my favor. We both had exactly 40 chips. Blinds were 30/60. He was on the button, Im on the small blind leaving me with 10 chips.

I get dealt A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif. Button pushes. Big Blind is in no matter what.

Well two options:
1) Fold, hope the BB wins the hand and I take second.
2) Call, thinking that I am ahead of the button and hoping to beat the BB as well.

Any suggestions? Sorry if I described the situation poorly, let me know if you need more info.

MrJitney
11-26-2004, 02:05 AM
How do the payouts work if you both get taken out in that hand? Who gets second & who gets third?

David04
11-26-2004, 02:08 AM
I'm thinking they may split the 2nd place money....I've never run into this situation. I would probably fold, hoping for the other player to be knocked out.

wegs the wegs
11-26-2004, 02:15 AM
On UltimateBet if two players all-in on the bubble who are equal they split the second place prize.

tiger7210
11-26-2004, 02:26 AM
I think u call here with more than likely the best hand.

If the button wins u split 2nd.

If You win you get 2nd alone.

BB wins, you more than likely end up in 3rd anyways being all in next hand.

If it was on the bubble out of the money then maybe I fold.

Yads
11-26-2004, 01:28 PM
It is on the bubble since only top 2 pay out. Tough call, I think I'd call here with most likely the best hand.

JGalt
11-26-2004, 01:57 PM
Wouldn't the player with the better hand between the two take second?

wegs the wegs
11-26-2004, 04:26 PM
Well here is what happened...

I called with my AQ, the Chip Leader (AKA BB) automatically calls and its a 3 player, 2 all-in, for 120 chips. Pathetic.
The Button (initial pusher) shows A /images/graemlins/heart.gif10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
The BB has J /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
And I have A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif

Flop comes Q /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Turn: 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif
River: 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Big stack wins pot (expect anything else on UB?) and takes the first prize.

Me and the other loser split the second place prize, even though I beat him on the hand. Ended up losing money on the tournament.

So the real question is how often will you see someone raise their IMO % and decrease the ROI % in the same tournament?