PDA

View Full Version : mid-tourney BB hand

willie24
11-26-2004, 12:37 AM
450 player tournament 200 left. blinds are 100/200 your stack is 3000. you are a good tournament player and are eager for the blinds to go up so you can start making some more chips off your passive table.

you have an aggressive table image. people are suspicious of you for some of your all-in bets.

you have K /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif in the big blind. 5 limpers, SB folds. you check

flop: (1300) 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

what's the plan?

adanthar
11-26-2004, 02:35 AM
Contrary to what you might think, you didn't hit this flop.

Checkraise an LP bet and be ready to fold to a cold call behind/check fold an EP bet.

zaxx19
11-26-2004, 04:33 AM
Ya way too many draws that can raise here and im not gona be too invested in this hand personally. uh not too merntion overpairs......

JaBlue
11-26-2004, 05:56 AM
You're a good tournament player, have 15 big blinds, and want the blinds to go up? The smaller the stack:bigblind ratio is, the less advantage the skilled player has.

willie24
11-28-2004, 09:36 PM
yes i do. by good tournament player i mean: good at playing with high blind to stack ratios. not necessarily significantly better than my opponents at other things...like basic low-blind poker ability (which, provided i play fairly well, is much less crucial in multi tournaments in my opinion)

willie24
11-28-2004, 09:50 PM
i am reassured by the posts here. i checked, an MP bet 200, was called by an LP, and i folded. the LP folded on the turn.

i probably wouldve check-raised allin in a ring game with this kind of stack/pot ratio, and i probably wouldve led out allin had my stack been less than 2000, but i don't think playing this hand any further would have helped my tournament. i was OK with my fold.