PDA

View Full Version : Internet gurus?

stupidsucker
11-25-2004, 09:41 PM
Yeah Yeah I know... blah blah not the proper place to post this, but this is where I post, and I am afraid of the zoo.

/images/graemlins/blush.gif
A few times I have run into strange internet problems that cost me money. DO I have the right to complain to party/empire?

Here is what happens. I will have 3-4 tables running. Suddenly between 1-2 or more tables have a "lost connection". My other tables are running perfectly with no lag, and a "very good connection"

I dont understand how this is possible. How can one table be bad and 2 more be good. This cost me a nice sum of money today. It was so weird that the one table kept giving the the "im back" button. I would push it, but It would auto fold me anyways, then give me the button to push again.

I had to close all my tables reset my internet connection, and boot up party again to get all 4 tables to work.

Is this problem with my computer? With my ISP or with party?

cha59
11-25-2004, 10:00 PM
I'm not an internet guru, but I would call Party and tell them what happened. See if they'll do anything for you.

lorinda
11-25-2004, 10:02 PM
They use more than one server I believe.

Either way, it's a common problem.

Lori

ilya
11-25-2004, 10:08 PM
Happens to me about once a week. Usually not bad enough to cost me money, so I haven't bothered to try to contact Party. Also I'm lazy. But yeah, it's common.

stupidsucker
11-25-2004, 10:08 PM
I would like to hit them up for questioning, but I am not going in without some kind of ammunition.

Its possible this is not their problem. I just dont understand what is going on. If it is their problem then I cant go in blind with no knowledge of the situation.

I have talked to these people before. I would rather suck up the loss and stick a fork in my eye to numb the pain in my ear, then spend 4 hours on the phone getting no where with party support.

eastbay
11-25-2004, 11:28 PM
Party's problem.

Here's what you do. You call support right away. They will tell you to reboot your computer. Wait about 3 seconds and say "ok, I rebooted my computer." (don't really reboot, it is a complete waste of time.) They will then give you a "server redirect" and give you the name of a server to put in your party startup command line. WRITE IT DOWN. After this has happened three or four times, you'll have the names of 3 or 4 servers to try when one of them goes flaky. Voila. Problem solved.

As an aside, this happened to me MUCH LESS when I stopped using the search feature. Do you use search a lot?

eastbay

adanthar
11-25-2004, 11:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Here's what you do. You call support right away. They will tell you to reboot your computer. Wait about 3 seconds and say "ok, I rebooted my computer." (don't really reboot, it is a complete waste of time.) They will then give you a "server redirect" and give you the name of a server to put in your party startup command line. WRITE IT DOWN. After this has happened three or four times, you'll have the names of 3 or 4 servers to try when one of them goes flaky. Voila. Problem solved.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wanna post those names here? Seems like a good idea.

stupidsucker
11-26-2004, 01:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Here's what you do. You call support right away.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a little late for that now, but this was the exact kind of info I was looking for.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you use search a lot?

[/ QUOTE ]

No

Thanks eastbay

viennagreen
11-26-2004, 08:10 PM
yeah-- this is exactly what to do... but i just directly asked them for the server redirect, rather than pretending to reboot my computer etc...

they fixed the search feature problem though... i haven't lost connection while searching since around mid-september

byronkincaid
11-26-2004, 08:21 PM
This has happened to me but I don't understand what this means

[ QUOTE ]
give you the name of a server to put in your party startup command line

[/ QUOTE ]

Do they tell you how to do this on the phone?

eastbay
11-26-2004, 09:14 PM
Yes, they will step you through it in mind-numbing detail.

eastbay

eastbay
11-27-2004, 01:00 AM
The people I have talked to have insisted that I follow each step in their ridiculous little scripts. Maybe you got someone sane.

eastbay

stupidsucker
11-27-2004, 02:00 AM
It takes me 15 minutes to get them to understand that my screen name is T<font color="red">e</font>hBluffman.

I cant imagine following their instructions.

eastbay
11-27-2004, 02:19 AM
I was baffled for awhile by "right click on the poker chip."

eastbay