PDA

View Full Version : Do I suck on EVERY street?

DownUnder
11-25-2004, 06:54 PM
Party Poker 2/4 (10 handed)

Table is ultra passive with very little pre-flop raising. Only read is that the C/O seems half way decent and hasn't stepped out of line in the two or three orbits that I've played.

Hero is in MP3 with T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Pre-flop: UTG folds, UTG+1 limps, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, Hero calls, CO calls, Button and SB fold, BB checks.

I would normally dump this without a second look, but the table was so passive I figured to get 5 or 6 players seeing the flop. And I'd barely seen a playable hand since I sat down. And....well, I'll stop trying to justify it.

Flop (5 players, 5.5 SB): 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB checks, UTG+1 bets, MP1 folds, Hero raises, CO calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Turn (3 players 5.75 BB): 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

UTG+1 checks, Hero bets, CO calls, UTG+1 folds

River (2 players, 7.75 BB): 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Hero bets, CO raises, Hero calls

Final pot 11.75 BB between Hero and CO

Flame away.

DU

DontRaisePlz
11-25-2004, 07:00 PM
Not an expert, but it seems fine to me.

Have to raise the flop to see where you are, you picked up a strong draw on the turn, and there's no real reason to think you're beat on the river. He could have an eight here. If he's as decent as you'd describe him, I would think 99-JJ would get raised preflop.

Peter Harris
11-25-2004, 07:50 PM
i think the PF limp is marginal in MP3. I wouldn't play below QTs here and would raise it. I may be passing up +EV opportunity, though. comments welcome.

Flop and turn fine. River fine, as you can't fold to the river raise.

Regards,
Pete Harrris

Rah
11-25-2004, 07:54 PM
Looks fine, except the preflop limp that's a bit loose.

pointcount
11-25-2004, 08:00 PM
Does anyone have a link to the chart showing +/- EV for each starting hand? I saw it floating around the forum a couple of days ago. From memory t8s isn't an earner...

HarryD
11-25-2004, 08:12 PM
Not sure if I would be playing this. Having said that the hand looks fine to me.

fairness
11-25-2004, 08:22 PM
pokerroom EV stats (http://www.pokerroom.com/games/evstats/pairStats.php)

DownUnder
11-25-2004, 08:31 PM
Thanks for the comments everyone.

The pre-flop limp was clearly too loose, and I get myself in trouble playing these marginal hands.

At the time I wondered whether I'd been too weak in not 3-betting the river as I figured he would have raised a higher pocket pair pre-flop and wouldn't have called two cold on the flop with a pair of 4s.

As it happened he showed TT and MHING.

DU

pointcount
11-25-2004, 08:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

oh jeez I had just seen a chart, this is a great tool! Thanks

JDErickson
11-25-2004, 11:28 PM
Its real easy to fall into this PF trap. You have to make a decision where the junk hands begin no matter the callers (especially in your position).

IMHO, in your position this is junk.

DownUnder
11-25-2004, 11:37 PM
Agreed. Lesson learned.

Thanks

DU

srt19170
11-25-2004, 11:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

oh jeez I had just seen a chart, this is a great tool! Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Note that this is the EV for the "average" pokerroom player. I don't anything about pokerroom, but assuming they're somewhat similar to PP, this chart is probably not a great guide...

-- Scott

bisonbison
11-26-2004, 04:19 PM
fold preflop - it's just a crappy hand. If you had the button, sure. 3-bet the river. Flop raise is very necessary.