PDA

View Full Version : Stats after 5,000 hands

sevensfull
11-25-2004, 06:52 PM
I'm trying to get some input on my selectivity/agression, particularly since I've won in only about 43% of my sessions so far (46/105 at .50/1), with swings from +200BB back to -0-. I would appreciate any comments about stats below. I'm thinking maybe I'm a bit (a lot?) LP.

Thx!

Hands: 5101
VPIP: 25.5%
SF: 33.6% (excl blind 22.8%)
PFR: 8.3%
Postflop Aggr Factor: 1.7

HarryD
11-25-2004, 07:41 PM
Sample size is a little small. You want at least 10k hands VPIP is a little high, PFR is good, can we see your aggression broken down ?

Rah
11-25-2004, 07:51 PM
VPIP is too high, try to get it down to 20-22 maximum.

pointcount
11-25-2004, 07:56 PM
VPIP is quite high meaning you are probably playing too loose with your starting hands. Try playing more selective hands from early position and loosening up as you get to LP. If you follow the guidelines SSHE takes to pre flop play you should be fine.

sevensfull
11-26-2004, 01:44 AM
Thanks for the posts.

Postflop aggression breakout:
Flop 1.4
Turn 1.8
River 1.9

I have been following the guidelines in SSHE, but I'll admit I sometimes stray a little; a weakness I'll have to correct.

Ajax410
11-26-2004, 01:51 AM
Play 5k more hands before you post your stats again - these are worthless - one stretch of good cards over a 1k period and your VPIP is going to be artificially inflated.

That having been said, stop wussing out post-flop. If you're deciding between calling and raising, raise. If you're deciding between calling and folding, fold. The fact is, calling is one of the worst moves you can make in poker - unless you're really on the come with a hand that you don't have the pot equity to raise with.

Alex

DMBFan23
11-26-2004, 03:41 AM
I think this is one of the few valid PT posts with such a small sample...VP$IP and PFR converge much faster than say, winrate. although I still want a larger sample, but I always do.

HajiShirazu
11-26-2004, 03:47 AM
You're too loose preflop. You seem to be raising about the right amount.
Your PF aggr. factor isn't horrible actually. It could be higher, mine is usually in the 2.5-3 range and I think that's somewhat standard. However yours is likely lower due to the fact that you're playing some crappy hands preflop, not necessarily a lack of aggression.
So tighten up preflop. Start dumping some of those offsuit cheese hands like JT, J9, Q9, QT, KT, K9, A9, AT off especially out of position. At 25% you have to be playing about all of these every time you get them. You might also be cold-calling raises too much, to be at 25%.

Ajax410
11-26-2004, 03:54 AM
Why do we need a hand checkup with 5k hands? I mean - if your VPIP is over 20%, you know you're too high - why do you need to post them?

Aggression Factor, which is the only worthwhile stat posted in a lot of these instances, can be totally artificial based on a hot or cold run of cards. I just wish people would wait until we at least get a modest sample size before making these posts...I really think they clutter the forum.

Alex