PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of this strategy?

Chasinjason
11-25-2004, 05:36 PM
I posted this on another forum. Its basically my strategy though it varies from time to time.

So tell me what ya think. Oh sorry if its confusing, I didn't bother editing and I missed a few things.

Well I figure its about time to add something usefull to the forum. So here goes.

This is my general strategy though it changes slightly from time to time.

Its based off playing 50 and 100 NL sng's at party.

The first thing that needs to be said is
NO BIG RISKS UNTIL YOU HAVE TO
this is not a ring game, you want to last

Blinds: 10/15--------------------------------

This level you are actually not quite as tight as in later levels. As such you can play suited connectors in late position, aces suited in late, low pp's in late.

IF THERES NO RAISE :

EP raisers: AA, KK, QQ, AK
EP Limp: AA (only from first position, maybe one in 4 times), JJ, TT, 99 (maybe 88 if the table seems passive)
Everything else is folded from early position

MP - everything applies as EP but AQs can be limped

LP raisers: AA, KK, QQ, JJ, AK, AQ
LP limpers: Axs, 54s and higher, AJ, AT, KQ, KJs, QJ, other PPs

IF theres a raise before you the only hands you can play are AA, KK, QQ, and AK
If its a min raise, you can loosen up a bit and play JJ TT 99

Blinds: If theres no raise small blind can be called with any 2 cards. Never calling a big raise. Your reraising or folding. Reraise generally on AA KK QQ and AK. QQ and AK are folded if they raise back. If they just call you can put them on QQ JJ TT 99, ak, aq, aj, kq for the most part. QQ will be pretty rare as most players push back here.

Concerning draws: You will pay the min bet and nothing more to see another card, it must be the nut draw, and there must not be a pair out.

Concerning AK: If you miss it I generally just check, if they called your raise, give them credit for something. Unless you know your player very well you should not bluff at it in the early stages.

IF you get reraised: Your folding everything but AA KK where you push all in.

AK when you hit top pair top kicker, you will generally play it, I know I said no risks, but usually its worth it. If you know your beat then fold of course.

When an overcard comes to you raised pp
Be prepared to lay it down to much action.

Standard raise through the early stages is 4xbb.
I consider early stages to be everything under the 100/200 level.

15/30----------------------------------------

Plays basically the same as 10/15, few changes

- tighten up in late position.
- no more low suited connectors
- no more ax suited
- no more AT, KJ, QJ

25/50-------------------------------------------

Same as 15/30 in all regards

50/100-------------------------------------------

changes -

- Late position with no one in we take a few shots at the blinds. AJ, AT, KQ, AQ, KJ, qj, JJ, TT, 99, 88. We can now raise these, the standards raise 3-4x bb. Reraised on these hands, fold of course.

100/200 -----------------------------------------

the most important level, were assuming there will be 4-7 players left.

Much depends on how many players are left, i don't really want to go into detail on it.

In EP you are still folding all but the best hands.

MP you can raise the lp hands of 50/100.

IF you have less than 10times the BB, every bet you make is an all in. I know alot disagree with me here, but its how its done, this is not a multi tourney, or a ring game, its a sng and if you watch the best players, its how its done. Don't want garbage calling us and putting us to a tough decision with a mediocre hand.

More than 10x bb you can standard raise.

From small blind you can often steal with kx or better.

NEVER limp at this level

with 4xbb or less your BETTING all in on any ace, any king, an pp. Don't call an all in unless you have a strong hand.

Calling all in : Exception/ blinds.
Call all in on AA, KK, QQ, AK,(6-7players), JJ (5players), TT, 99, (4 or less), (if you have a good read on an overly agressive player you can probably call with a8 or better.

The only time you wouldn't do this is when the big stack puts you all in and someone has like 400 chips left. You call in on the group 1 hands then.

Blinds: play them tight, usually they'll be raised but thats fine, wait for a hand, don't get stupid and try to make a play.

>100/200 basically plays the same.

When it gets down to 3 players. Be AGGRESSIVE. Any ace is an all in, any pp, any king or two high cards for the most part.

I won't get into headsup as thats a whole different game. All i can say is be aggressive, make him/her make the decisions.

Key things to remember:

- Survive until your near positive you have the best hand or you have to BET all in.

- Avoid tricky plays and draws

- When shortstacked make sure you have an ace or pp to all in (k or 2 high cards if really desparate)
A few tried tested and true plays that work.

Stop and go (I think its called that)
When your short stacked and someone just calls your bigblind, don't go all in preflop, but wait for the flop and all in anything. This works as well when you are short stacked by betting half your stack and autoputting the rest in on the flop (only do in early levels)

When in BB and everyone folds to the SB who just calls you should usually raise 4x bb - all in every time after 15/30 level, very rare is this a slowplay move by them.

With dominant chip lead on the bubble and a very short stack to your right, your putting the other stacks in every time the small stack is out of the hand (blinds 100/200 or higher)

snowmen
11-25-2004, 05:57 PM
Can you show us your results with his system?

Chasinjason
11-25-2004, 07:10 PM
Its my system, I posted my results not to long ago. Around 30% roi.

ChrisCo
11-25-2004, 07:56 PM
Whats your sample size for the 50's and 100's?

Many people would consider a 30% ROI at the 50s unsustainable and would defietely be unsustainable at the 109's.

Chasinjason
11-25-2004, 10:57 PM
500+