PDA

View Full Version : 88 in SB one limper, raise or complete?

Fiddler
11-25-2004, 05:21 PM
MP is a LAG, VP$IP around 70% and PFR 30%.

Absolute Poker 1/2 Hold'em (5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, MP calls, Button folds, Hero completes, BB checks.

What do I do with a middle pocket pair in the SB after a limper? Raise and try to get rid of the BB or take a cheap look at the flop?

Flop: (3 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP calls.

Turn: (2.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

I checked because he could be loose enough to call a single flop bet with anything.

River: (4.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP caps</font>, Hero calls.

Ok, so he probably has an ace so I bet and hope for a raise.

Final Pot: 13.25 BB

Fancy play syndrome?

Another pre-flop question while I'm at it: Ace-rag in SB with limpers, do I complete no matter how many limpers there are? At the moment I play like I do in full ring games, I don't complete anything under ATo if there are three or four loose limpers. One or two limpers and I complete pretty much any ace rag.

Apocalypse
11-25-2004, 05:38 PM
lags call o so disguising the flop with an ace in order to go nuts on the turn; make use of that. If he had raised you on the flop, now then you should've seriously considered slowing down.

Hermlord
11-25-2004, 06:06 PM
Raise preflop.

helpmeout
11-25-2004, 06:08 PM
Raise 88 from SB after one limper.

Ace rag is usually trash. If you have Axs then usually raise, same with A8o. You want to be headsup with your ace.