PDA

View Full Version : Poki-bot folds king high flush on the turn

invictus
11-25-2004, 04:58 PM
I just purchased Poker Academy and have been using it to try and improve my game. At a full limit table the following hand occured...

Folded around to hero in 5th position: K /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif

hero raises

Pokibot next to act re-raises

folded to Simbot in small blind who caps it.

Hero Calls

Pokibot calls

Flop is 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Simbot bets

Hero folds

Pokibot calls

Turn is 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Simbot bets

Pokibot folds

A pretty unremarkable hand until I review the hand histories and see that Pokibot folded K /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif!!!

The bot folded the second nut flush to a 20 dollar bet into a 130 dollar pot. What the hell is going on? Even though it did not affect my bankroll, I am wondering how much I can learn from software that plays in such an irrational fashion.

Here are the settings for the two bots:

Simbot:

Preflop: Tight and full Tricky

Postflop: Full Math Full Tricky

Pokibot:

Preflop: Tight and Full Tricky

Postflop: Full Tight Full Aggressive Full Tricky Full Model

snowmen
11-25-2004, 11:11 PM
Do you try to learn poker from a poker program? dead money is coming...

Luv2DriveTT
11-26-2004, 09:26 AM
There is a Poki forum, the developers release updates anytime they find a bug (such as this). Send them the hand history and what type of table you were playing against, I'm sure they can fix it.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

PS: Poki is an excelent simulation tool, and I would reccomend it to new players and experianced players alike... but for very different reasons.

Aaron Davidson
11-26-2004, 12:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Postflop: Full Tight Full Aggressive Full Tricky Full Model

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not a bug. If you have the bot set to 100% tight post-flop. If you read the manual, this means it will fold anything that is not the nuts. If you look at the default settings for most pokibots in the game, most loose/tight sliders are set closer to the middle, which is where sensible play is.

The pokibot settings allow you to set a very wide range of playing styles, and the styles at the extremes are naturally, very extreme.

P.S. Posts of this nature are better suited for our poki forums: Poki Forums (http://www.poker-academy.com/forums/)

Cheers,
Aaron

colgin
11-26-2004, 01:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Poki is an excelent simulation tool, and I would reccomend it to new players and experianced players alike... but for very different reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you elaborate on this a little. I am considering purchasing Poki but would appreciate any information you could give me on its value.

Thanks.

Colgin

Luv2DriveTT
11-26-2004, 02:01 PM
Arron:

Can you please provide a general description of each table type provided in the new 1.5 version.

Thank you...

Luv2DriveTT
11-26-2004, 02:04 PM
For example, if you disagree with the general belief that AQs should be raised from UTG+1, then you can be dealt these exact same cards in the UTG position 500 times in a row to create a large enough sample size to simulate this enviroment in a live game. This would be unpracticall in a cash game, but very possible using Poki.