PDA

View Full Version : Too Late - BBQ turkey recipe/tips.

dogsballs
11-25-2004, 04:33 PM
BBQ turkey tips (http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/14610942.cfm)

Bit late posting this. I'm going with the beer butt turkey on the BBQ using a soup can with red wine and herbs.

It's an experiment 'cos I can't BBQ worth sh*t.

Blarg
11-25-2004, 06:04 PM
I've seen a barbeque t.v. show on the weekends where a guy was showing how to do beer butt chicken. Gonna have to be a big BBQ indeed to hold a turkey standing up, and hold it steady.

I've cooked meat with beer before, and it actually even tastes good if you put just a bit in some scrambled eggs, believe it or not. But your wine and herbs thing sounds nice. Bird flesh with rosemary or thyme flavoring can be really spectacular, just outrageously good.

Good luck on your bird!

I got an extra turkey this year, just because I like turkey so much. I'm going to use it in my rotisserie, if I can fit it. I got one of those Ronco ones, and it's fantastic for chicken and other stuff. It's 14 pounds and the rotisserie can supposedly fit a 15-pound turkey, but a lot will depend on the dimensions of the particular bird. I have a feeling it's going to come out great though -- the rotisserie makes fantastic chicken.