PDA

View Full Version : Everything was going fine, until he raised the turn

blackaces13
11-25-2004, 03:07 PM
Opponent in this one seemed typical, the only time I'd seen him raise the turn thus far he had a big hand. I haven't been at the table too long though.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, BB folds, UTG folds, MP2 calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, A little help please...

This getting raised on the turn when I hold TPGK thing seems to have happened to me more in the past week than the 6 months before it. Whats the play? Is it close?

Icebee
11-25-2004, 04:49 PM
What hands do you put him on?

Obviously a flush draw is a possibility. A-K ot A-Q not likely. A-T or A-9 he'd have likely reraised the flop. He could have A-2 or my guess is something like QcJc, 8c7c?

Call, and check-call the river unless you trust your read but he's probably representing a flush or at worst two pair now.

Yads
11-25-2004, 06:40 PM
Easy fold, unless you think this guy is tricky.

edit: or you could try to pop him back and if he caps, you can safely fold or he might call and check to you on the river. Which will cost you the same if you called his raise and his bet on the river. If he still bets into you on the river and you're unimproved you can probably let it go.

detruncate
11-25-2004, 08:10 PM
When a seemingly predictable player checkraises the turn, you can let TP go here. If he's semi-bluffing a draw or flat out bluffing, good for him. We're looking at about 8:2 effective odds, and there are a lot of cards we don't want to see fall. I'm not losing any sleep over the fold.