PDA

View Full Version : Polls are cool

Gamblor
11-25-2004, 02:45 PM
Early to mid stages of the next weekly installment of a live tournament I posted about here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1273133&page=&view=&s b=5&o=).

Due to having a tight table and extreme maniac sitting to my left and running all over it for the first 2 levels (1 hr) I haven't played a single hand. One blind steal after the break got played back at which cost me 1/8th of my stack. I have not played nor won a pot yet. Maniac has busted.

POLL:

After the break you have T2900. Blinds are 200/400. New player moves to table, sits to your immediate right, and immediately raises to T1000 from MP. You are CO-2 and have TT.

willperkins
11-25-2004, 02:52 PM
I have to fold. I know nothing of this players style and will have to give him credit for a big hand. I still think I still have a decent amout of chips. I want to be the one being agressive not the one calling.
I do not want to risk the remainder of my chips and take a chance of either being dominnated or it being a coin flip.

Roman
11-25-2004, 02:56 PM
you arent the one calling, you are the one pushing.

I push here, pretty good hand with less than 10x facing a raise from an LP player.

Synth
11-25-2004, 03:02 PM
Polls are fun if the answer isn't as obvious as this.

Gamblor
11-25-2004, 03:39 PM
What about the prospect of getting a seat in the juicy 15/30 or 20/40 I talked about?

JaBlue
11-25-2004, 06:20 PM
You have 7.25 big blinds. You don't have time to wait for a better hand than this. Come on, anyone who says fold is a pretty poor short stack player. The only time I would consider folding is on the bubble when there are smaller than me to be knocked out and if I earn a SUBSTANTIAL amount of money by doing so ie next place up is pretty big. You have to realize that at this point, you need to double up two to three times to even be a contendor in this tournament (unless it has a horrible structure, but with 30 minute levels I doubt that).

zaxx19
11-25-2004, 10:53 PM
If your gonna fold the 5th best hand with 7.5 BB left your just not gonna be able too win alot of tourneys imho. Your probably on the good end of a coin flip here. Add any miraculous fold equity(~5%)?? and yur like 60/40 thats as good as your probably gonna get so taker the plunge.

Gamblor
11-26-2004, 02:53 AM
I did push, and I pushed quite quickly.

Of course I got showed KK. But my question was am I better off pushing in when FIRST IN with a hand that's the usual big dog small favourite?

I'm pretty against calling all in and making an all in raise I know will get called.

I'd much rather have some folding equity and think I'd consider laying it down and pushing the next hand it's folded around to me and i have at least a medium suited connector.