PDA

View Full Version : Hand review: Overcards and open end straight draw on the flop.

OilMan
11-25-2004, 01:02 PM
Did I make the right plays on all streets? My main concern was my bet on the turn. Should I have taken the free card?

Thanks for your help and Happy Thanksgiving.

Ultimate Bet 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (4.70 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (6.70 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 6.70 BB

Peter Harris
11-25-2004, 01:16 PM
if you check the turn, UTG may bet the river and you'll fold. So i think a turn bet is worth is for the free showdown.

Regards,
Pete Harris

cold_cash
11-25-2004, 01:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if you check the turn, UTG may bet the river and you'll fold. So i think a turn bet is worth is for the free showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Plus, add in the times that UTG folds to the turn bet and we win the pot right there.