PDA

View Full Version : Standard AK (overcards play)

AdamL
11-25-2004, 12:35 PM
This is how I'd play it at 3/6 anyhow, where the players are a little tighter and more aggressive.

If anyone thinks this line is inappropriate against near calling stations, feel free to show a better line.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="666666">4 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, Button calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, Button folds.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (6.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks...

ncboiler
11-25-2004, 12:44 PM
When you bet the flop and especially the turn I am assuming you want to take the pot right there. Against calling stations that isn't going to happen. A calling station won't neccessarily call if he doesn't have anything but will call down even with bottom pair. You can't beat bottom pair. With this calling station calling the turn he must have at least a pair. I check/fold the turn check fold the river. Pot is to small to call for 6 outs.

AdamL
11-25-2004, 12:48 PM
Don't you think a lot of loose players will call a flop bet, but not a turn bet if they haven't improved to something they like?

ncboiler
11-25-2004, 01:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't you think a lot of loose players will call a flop bet, but not a turn bet if they haven't improved to something they like?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I agree with you. If your turn bet was a mistake it is very small mistake. It's a bet I don't make. I thought you were asking about the river..ie. should you continue your aggressiveness.