PDA

View Full Version : Home game tourney hand

Yads
11-25-2004, 12:15 PM
Just a friendly home tourney it's heads up. blinds are at 150/300, big stack has about 7000, small stack has about 3000.
Big stack is the button, and small stack gets A3 not sure if it was suited or not. Raises to 600 and Big stack calls. Flop comes AAJ rainbow. Small stack checks hoping to trap (I guess.) Big stack pushes him all in. How do you play this? Woul you slow play your trips? Would you throw out a bet, see how it's received? Would you call the all in? The read was that big stack was a fairly straight forward player and she almost never bluffed if the flop didn't hit her.

tiger7210
11-25-2004, 03:38 PM
You call faster than she can say all-in. You checked hoping for a bet, got the person to bet all-in, if you're going to wait for a better spot than this heads- up its time to play a new game. If she turns over a bigger Ace so be it but there is no way you can fold here.

As far as throwing out a bet on the flop, i think checking against any opponent here is right to try an induce a bluff.

IMHO most players would slow play trips heads up so I would be more inclinded to think she has the J or a pair.

Yads
11-25-2004, 04:26 PM
Yeah this hand has been nagging me all week. My buddy played this hand btw not me. At the time I was saying how could you have folded this hand you got exactly the result you were hoping for. I think for the most part he wasn't anticipating an all in since this girl was really passive for the most part so he thought there was a good chance she had an ace. This play was definitely read dependent and I still say he should have called, but it's been bothering me since I'm not sure I would have called my self against her.