PDA

View Full Version : Overcards whiff: raise flop, check/fold turn?

elbuddha
11-25-2004, 11:35 AM
Can't decide how I feel about either the flop or the turn.

BB hasn't done anything remarkable. Button is 50% VPIP.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, BB calls.

Raise to find out if BB really has a T, and to face Button with 2 bets. Calling wasn't an option. Folding was and option since the pot wasn't all that big and the flop was scary, but it felt weak without giving myself a chance at the turn.

Turn: (6.20 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, BB calls, Hero folds.

Whiff. BB checks? If BB was just pumping a straight draw on the flop, the 7/images/graemlins/club.gif is very scary, and I fear a check-raise. With no piece of the board I decide to take a free card.

But then Button, who had called the 2 on the flop, decides to bet. BB only calls, but no still no free card for me. I'm getting 8 to 1, but feel like I'm drawing dead to either trips or a made straight and fold.

I feel like I often get weak on the turn. In this case, was it justified?

ncboiler
11-25-2004, 11:46 AM
Fold