PDA

View Full Version : Party 10/20 77 on the button, standard or chip spewing

risen
11-25-2004, 11:30 AM
This is a hand from my first shot at the 10, second orbit, so PT is empty. The villain hasn't done anything of note yet. Comments appreciated on all streets.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>(?), <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>(?), MP1 calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font> ...?

I'm definitely going to fold to the C/R, I Had him pegged on a scared KK or QQ from the flop action, and hopefully I've represented AK. Do I fire again on the river or check behind? Am I getting too jiggy PF for this game?

Vaftrudner
11-25-2004, 11:36 AM
It's rough to "represent" something on 6-handed unless you established a solid style and that often doesn't help either. He'll call you down with anyting here to look you up. /v

NabO
11-25-2004, 12:02 PM
man you clearly overplayed your hand if the capper is not a tilter nor a maniac the only hand you can beat is QQ cause you make him fold. What do you think an average player caps with?? Improve your reading skill and don't put always your oppenent on a hand you can beat when you try to read. Playing garbage hands against players who play garbage too is the easiest way to loose big.

risen
11-25-2004, 12:07 PM
It's 9 handed.

amulet
11-25-2004, 12:16 PM
the 77 looked great when you were delt them. now comes to you raised from early position the correct play is to throw them away. unless the early raiser is a manic, 77 is the type of hand that wins by hitting a set. you need 5 people seeing the flop for the implied odds to be right, odds on flopping a set are 7.5 to 1. what could an early rasiser have, aa, kk, qq, jj, tt, maybe 99, ak, probably aq too. therefore, there are 36 better hands (pairs) then your 77 and 32 ak and aq hands. when he has the ak or aq you are a slight fav preflop, when the has the bigger pairs which as you see is slightly more likely, you are way behind. throw away mid pairs preflop unless you are getting at least 5 opponents vs a "real" raiser. now for your post flop play, let's say he did not have one of the big pairs preflop, with that flop what could he have raised with that you can beat? i do not see anything.

James282
11-25-2004, 02:37 PM
You had a read that made you three-bet your 77 when normally you would fold. When the ace and jack flop, the jig is up.
-James