PDA

View Full Version : Isolation Play?

ToneLoc
11-25-2004, 06:15 AM
Hi All.
Played the hand on 20-40 6max. Button is the ultimate Lag, extremely loose (notes: will limp with nightmare suited hands for instance, raise with Ace-rag from UTG), and rather agressive.
I am in the BB holding K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

UTG and UTG+1 limp. There are decent player, but will limp upfront with T9 offsuit kind of hand, even saw suited one-gapper. They might have a small pair, but probably would raise with high card-strength.
CO folds, Button riases, SB fold, Hero?

I just called here, but wonder whether I should put maximum pressure on the limpers with a three-bet (even though my hand doesn t figure to bwe better than the button's on average)?

Would that be taking the isolation play a bit to far?!

Thx for comments. J.

Scotch78
11-25-2004, 09:55 AM
With position I might 3-bet the LAG, but in this particular situation I'd rather get 7-1 and see the flop. With everyone else trapped between you and him, that's where you'll likely make your money on this hand.

Scott

ToneLoc
11-25-2004, 02:27 PM
Thing is I liked my chance against the loose guy, and wanted to get rid of the better player with weaker hands... a lot of hands where I hit the jack would probalby it theirs as well (JT, T9...)

Scotch78
11-26-2004, 01:10 AM
Why on earth would you want JT to fold against your KJ?

Scott

imitation
11-26-2004, 05:51 AM
I agree with scotch, also scotch stop with this idea of playing 100k hands at every level, get yourself up to 5/10 ASAP I think you'd be foolish not too. Everytime you post I remember your plan to play ridiculous numbers of hands at different levels before you move up, imo you're good enough to beat 5/10 (if you loosen up some and let go of those weak/tighties which were a little evident in your last stat post). And everytime you post you show you clearly have the knowledge to play at and beat 5/10 imo, so as soon as you get the roll I encourage you to move up.

Scotch78
11-26-2004, 06:48 AM
LOL. You just made my day imitation /images/graemlins/grin.gif. The current plan is to play Empire 1/2 a little longer (15k so far), then hit up Pokerstars 2/4. That said, I'm itching to be in the 5/10 by New Year's and am seriously considering borrowing the $2-3,000 I'll need to put together a 500BB roll by then. I think the risk is acceptable, but I'd still feel like a degenerate, compulsive gambler borrowing money to play poker. As to loosening up and playing weak/tight at times . . . my VP$IP and PFR are climbing steadily now that the cold rush is over (without having made major changes), though I am loosening up significantly in steal positions. I've started calling down more often, and with positive results so far, so I seem to be picking good situations, but am not yet doing so with confidence.

Scott

Gazza
11-26-2004, 09:54 AM
I would just call
Where's the 20-40 6 max?

Gazza

ToneLoc
11-26-2004, 10:39 AM
Thx for the advice.
The game was crypto 20-40 gbp.