PDA

View Full Version : Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

FightNow
11-25-2004, 05:07 AM

nothumb
11-25-2004, 05:10 AM
Jesus, stop posting raw hand histories. It's awful.

NT

FightNow
11-25-2004, 05:20 AM

GameTheory
11-25-2004, 06:31 AM
Why do people post their hands in the form of "hero" and "villain" Bullcrap?!! It's dumb!? Obviously so. Why are you mad he posted a standard hand history? Cause it reveals player names or something? WOW.

Anyways..The dream hand was me at 10/20 6-max PS.

Limp with 44, MP raise, BB calls, I call. Flop K44, I check and the two KA's make it three bets, I call. Turn...K!!!!Turn cap, River cap.

I think you played the hand optimally, and made about as much as you could've.

JasonP530
11-25-2004, 06:47 AM
Played it as well as you could have. You want to give someone with a 5, AK, or something else a chance to reraise and get a lot of bets in on the turn because you never know what people will do. Besides, some people will check call the river when theyve figured out you arent going anywhere.

nothumb
11-25-2004, 03:51 PM
It doesn't matter if the converter is broken. You narrate the hand yourself. It's much easier to read and takes like 2 seconds. A lot of sites aren't supported anyway.

Also, don't include results if you want analysis.

NT

Richie Rich
11-25-2004, 04:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why do people post their hands in the form of "hero" and "villain" Bullcrap?!!

[/ QUOTE ]
Because"Hero" stands out/sounds better than "I", while "Villain" is clearer than "UTG+2" or "the other guy". But since you joined this forum less than 2 weeks ago, maybe we should change things around here per your request. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
It's dumb!? Obviously so.

[/ QUOTE ]
Kind of like your theory that someone who plays 4 tables of NL 1/2 would need the same bankroll as someone playing 1 table of NL 4/8. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1299394&page=&view=&s b=5&o=

[ QUOTE ]
Why are you mad he posted a standard hand history? Cause it reveals player names or something?

[/ QUOTE ]
Standard etiquette. Not only is it hard to read in that format, but it might reveal the identity of certain fish(ies) who a few regular 2+2'ers have been chasing for a long time. Giving away valued information like this isn't fair to those who have worked hard to earn it. Thankfully, bisonbison was kind enough to provide the Hand Converter.

[ QUOTE ]
I think you played the hand optimally, and made about as much as you could've.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm very confident he would've made at least one more BB by raising the turn.

Welcome to the Forum.

Little Fishy
11-26-2004, 12:48 AM
hey MB,

call the turn and make more on the end.

oh and PS. I know you were drunk when you wrote it but "ober" isn't a word they teach us at SLU

nothumb
11-26-2004, 02:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why are you mad he posted a standard hand history? Cause it reveals player names or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm assuming this was aimed at me. I don't remember indicating that I was angry. I just think it's a pain in the ass to read and the poster is unlikely to get as many responses.

And yes, it is considered rude to post other peoples' names in hand histories. Although I'm not enough of a nit to really get worked up about that.

NT

Senor Choppy
11-26-2004, 09:17 AM
The only reason to use the convertor is to stay anonymous IMO. Everyone here is use to reading these, it's not like they need to be translated.

bisonbison
11-26-2004, 09:03 PM
Hi there - The converter is still broken IIRC.

wrong.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">4 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (10.66 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.83 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls.

River: (11.83 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 13.83 BB