PDA

View Full Version : Does multi-tabling help your game?

pacman544
11-25-2004, 02:41 AM
I was interested to hear from some of the more experienced multi-tablers if it has improved your game. I mean, if you were to play just one sng at a time for a length of time, say 6 months, or multi-table for the same period, then would you be a better player at a single sng after multi-tabling or after playing the single sng for six months.

stupidsucker
11-25-2004, 03:45 AM
hmm.

An interesting question.

Here is my view. I think it can have different affects on different people. People have mentioned that it can wipe away some bad habits like playing AJ early out of boredom. I also think it can create a few bad habits if you are not careful.

All in all I dont think multitabling will make your single tabling go any better after time with the excpetion that it allows you to play a TON more games, thus more practice in general.

If you have poker traker and some time, you can go through all of your HHs and take great notes. This will help your single tabling too.

In summary. I think it helps but only indirectly. For the most part it only helps your multitable game. I couldnt bare to play only one SnG at a time, I would go crazy.

lorinda
11-25-2004, 03:57 AM
Playing one table at a time gives you more time to digest information and analyse your own play between hands.

There are many advantages to multi tabling, but helping your game is not one of them.

Lori

captZEEbo1
11-28-2004, 10:28 PM
I find my game is improved by multi-tabling.

I play a more mechanical game. It focuses me to do less "boredom" plays.

I find I can keep up with most of the important reads on players. It only takes one showdown to categorize someone as an idiot.