PDA

View Full Version : I spy: how many mistakes can YOU count?

wut-r-tha-odds
11-25-2004, 02:36 AM
watch wrto4556...

*********** # 32 **************
PokerStars Game #891346308: Hold'em Limit ($1/$2) - 2004/11/25 - 00:00:34 (ET)
Table 'Josefa' Seat #7 is the button
Seat 1: Unreal ($58 in chips)
Seat 2: NaeNae777 ($19.75 in chips)
Seat 3: Autumn Q ($182 in chips)
Seat 4: hundred ($97.75 in chips)
Seat 5: Rag Top Doc ($25.50 in chips)
Seat 6: wrto4556 ($69.25 in chips)
Seat 7: HackerGM ($35.50 in chips)
Seat 8: bmaz00 ($65.75 in chips)
Seat 9: Fossen ($213 in chips)
Seat 10: packbacker83 ($30.50 in chips)
bmaz00: posts small blind $0.50
Fossen: posts big blind $1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to wrto4556 [Ah Jh]
packbacker83: folds
Unreal: folds
NaeNae777: calls $1
Autumn Q: folds
hundred: calls $1
Rag Top Doc: calls $1
wrto4556: calls $1
HackerGM: folds
bmaz00: calls $0.50
Fossen: checks
*** FLOP *** [9s 6h Jc]
bmaz00: checks
Fossen: checks
NaeNae777: checks
hundred: checks
Rag Top Doc: checks
wrto4556: checks
*** TURN *** [9s 6h Jc] [9h]
bmaz00: checks
Fossen: bets $2
NaeNae777: calls $2
hundred: calls $2
Rag Top Doc: folds
wrto4556: raises $2 to $4
bmaz00: folds
Fossen: raises $2 to $6
NaeNae777: folds
hundred: folds
wrto4556: calls $2
*** RIVER *** [9s 6h Jc 9h] [7s]
Fossen: bets $2
wrto4556: calls $2
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Fossen: shows [4s 9c] (three of a kind, Nines)
wrto4556: mucks hand
Fossen collected $25 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $26 | Rake $1
Board [9s 6h Jc 9h 7s]
Seat 1: Unreal folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: NaeNae777 folded on the Turn
Seat 3: Autumn Q folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: hundred folded on the Turn
Seat 5: Rag Top Doc folded on the Turn
Seat 6: wrto4556 mucked [Ah Jh] - two pair, Jacks and Nines
Seat 7: HackerGM (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: bmaz00 (small blind) folded on the Turn
Seat 9: Fossen (big blind) showed [4s 9c] and won ($25) with three of a kind, Nines
Seat 10: packbacker83 folded before Flop (didn't bet)

btspider
11-25-2004, 02:39 AM
PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+2 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (3 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

River: (11 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 13 BB, between Hero and BB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by BB (13 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB has 4s 9c (three of a kind, nines).
Hero has Ah Jh (two pair, jacks and nines).
Outcome: BB wins 13 BB. </font>

sin808
11-25-2004, 03:10 AM
thanks for converting that...that was the only mistake I saw, cuz I wasn't going to read the rest /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Raise pf, bet the flop.

zephed56
11-25-2004, 03:17 AM
standard

EDIT: sarcasm is involved

Corkscrew
11-25-2004, 03:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
standard

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh... I'm going to go ahead and disagree with you there.

Fake Edit: Sarcasm! Curses!

wut-r-tha-odds
11-25-2004, 03:40 AM
This is my first post, don't know how to convert.
But, on the hand, I KNOW I should have raised pre-flop, but my main question was checking ON the flop. The game I was in was really loose, so my bet on the flop wouldn't have gotten anyone to fold. I was looking to raise a late position bettor on the turn to narrow the field. If I would have raised before the flop the big blind wouldnt have called. That was a big mistake, I was just trying something new...liming in with big-suited-connectors to get customers, unfortunately, I didn't take into consideration my position; limp in early, raise in late. I already had all the customers I needed! Bad play. But my play on the flop was a move to eliminate players. Did it just back-fire on me? Or was it a bad time to consider the play.

PS. whats sarcasm?

fairness
11-25-2004, 04:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
whats sarcasm?

[/ QUOTE ]

you obviously already know.

deaders
11-25-2004, 04:11 AM
Definitely raise preflop and bet the flop.

Im not sure what you mean by "But my play on the flop was a move to eliminate players." Your play on the flop was checking, how does that eliminate players? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

fairness
11-25-2004, 04:15 AM
sarcasm.

Ianco15
11-25-2004, 04:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The game I was in was really loose, so my bet on the flop wouldn't have gotten anyone to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
Even if you thought noone would fold, you should have definitely bet the flop. You most likely have the best hand, and by calling other players are commiting money to the pot when the are behind. This benifits you.

fairness
11-25-2004, 04:26 AM
hero's biggest mistake by far is not raising preflop. see why you have to raise your premium hands? giving the bigblind a free look cost you this pot.

fairness
11-25-2004, 04:28 AM
you have AJs in the CO, three limpers to you... what's your action?

detruncate
11-25-2004, 04:35 AM
Like everyone has said, raise pf.

Your flop play amounted to a grossly mis-timed slowplay. Giving your opponents a free look at the turn is terrible for two reasons:

1) You have a strong hand and are most likely ahead -- you lose money when you don't bet

2) You give your opponents infinite oods to outdraw you

The combination of missing value bets and inviting your opponents to stick around for free is what makes this such a big mistake. You can't protect your hand by checking. Facing the field with one bet is much better than nothing, and you get your money in the pot while you're most likely ahead to boot.

Welcome to the forum.

sin808
11-25-2004, 05:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The game I was in was really loose, so my bet on the flop wouldn't have gotten anyone to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker isn't about winning pots, it's about winning money. Bet.

phixxx
11-25-2004, 07:00 AM
If the game is loose, you're putting money into the pot when you most likely have the best hand. You also know where you're at.

prayformojo
11-25-2004, 10:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
unfortunately, I didn't take into consideration my position; limp in early, raise in late.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Raise AJs from all positions.

As for the flop, I can't add much, but you're getting way to fancy with this hand. It's not a monster. Your opponents are not good players. Stop worrying about scaring off customers. My usual play with top pair/top kicker is as follows:

Me have good cards. Me bet.

droolie
11-25-2004, 11:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker isn't about winning pots, it's about winning money. Bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's hard to win money if you don't win the pot! Do whatever you can to win in the pot! If you worry about keeping customers you will lose pots you should have won (like this one). Always try to drive out customers while also building the pot by charging those who stay in. Never slowplay unless your hand is a monster that will be very difficult to beat and you have very weak tight opponents!

sin808
11-25-2004, 05:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's hard to win money if you don't win the pot! Do whatever you can to win in the pot!

[/ QUOTE ]
In this pot, yes...but if you go after every pot your in like that you'll lose alot of money. Be selective about the pots you go after. I'd much rather win 1 big pot, than 3 small ones.

[ QUOTE ]
If you worry about keeping customers you will lose pots you should have won (like this one). Always try to drive out customers while also building the pot by charging those who stay in.

[/ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't say 'always' try to drive people out. In alot of cases you want to (in this one definitely). If you have a monster you should be more interested in building a huge pot than driving players out. Either way, he should bet.

[ QUOTE ]
Never slowplay unless your hand is a monster that will be very difficult to beat and you have very weak tight opponents!

[/ QUOTE ]
Pretty much...if you never slowplayed at the micro's you probably wouldn't be wrong.