PDA

View Full Version : 99 in SB

kyro
11-25-2004, 01:48 AM
I never know how to play a mid pocket pair from the blinds. I'm assuming a 3bet PF is standard. I don't have a read on the CO, but UTG seems a bit loose. I haven't been paying attention as I've been multi...OK, i'm playing one table and surfing 2+2 /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Also, does anyone like the river checkraise, or is betting out a better idea? I put CO on an overpair after her turn capand figured there was a good chance she'd bet out. Thanks.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, Hero calls, BB calls, MP3 folds.

Flop: (7 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, CO calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (12.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 16.50 BB

dfscott
11-25-2004, 01:52 AM
CO really played this weird. If he had TT or better, why didn't he raise the flop? If he had something else (44, 66, 78), what is he doing raising pre-flop?

I play it the same, except I'd probably not get tricky and just bet the river.

kyro
11-25-2004, 02:24 PM
thanks dfscott.

CO had KK for the overpair as I suspected. I'm surprised she didn't raise the flop either, but after she capped the turn, I was fairly sure she'd bet out the river so I could checkraise. I'm still curious if anyone 3bets this PF as I think it might be the right play.

blackaces13
11-25-2004, 02:37 PM
I like the call pre-f and I would lead the river rather than CR.

3 betting unknowns at .5/1 from the blinds with 99 is an uncomfortable proposition.

young nut
11-25-2004, 03:30 PM
I wouldn't 3 bet this hand PF from the SB. You lack good position with 4 people in the pot. With 9's you are really hoping to just spike a set. I usually only reraise from the SB with 99 if the raise is coming from CO or the button, and the raiser is the first to enter the pot. The only reason for a reraise here is to isolate because the fewer players against your pockets, the more chance they have to hold up without a set. But in this hand, it looks like it might be pretty hard to isolate with the other players in the pot, so I would just smooth call.

Icebee
11-25-2004, 04:54 PM
I don't understand what check-raising the river does here? She's probably going to raise as she did the turn so lead out. If she sensed you made a set/two pair she might just check behind you.